Able to adjust font size on Versa series

I would appreciate the ability to adjust the size of the text on my Ionic, especially in regard to email and text notifications.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

161 Comments
chefandria
First Steps

The text size for notifications is far too small for those of us over 40years old.  

Please do not respond with the ability to change the clock sizes and that info, that was clear to figure out on day one. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Love my versa but the font for the Steps is too small.  I would love my watch better if that font size can be bigger.  Would love just the date, time and steps clockface so that the steps can be a bigger font and easier to read for us older folks.

igorvranjes
First Steps

Please, make it possible to increase the font size for notifiction on Fitbit Versa.

NikW68
Jogger

It would be a great help if the Notification font size could be increased. I wear glasses for reading and computer work, but not at any other time. 

So any time I am out, and get a text, email or other notification on my Versa, I cannot read what is says. I can tell where it's from due to the colour of the message, but not the content.

Is this possible to add this at some point as an update to enable larger fonts?

The clock face is not a problem - I am only referring to the pushed notifications.

Thank you

Nik

Devon - UK.

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NikW68! Thanks for your suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas. Smiley Happy

Vicbro
First Steps

I have the Fitbit Versa and am unable to properly read text messages and alerts without my reading glasses which is frustrating. An upgrade that would allow users to zoom in or increase text size would be a real advantage.

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Vicbro! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

dalerm
First Steps

Love the watch, but need to wear my reading glasses to read stats. I've tried several different watch faces, but no luck yet. Any chance of introducing font size adjustments? Reading glasses are not practical when exercising!

Romy48
Jogger

Absolutely agree with you.  I hope the 'powers that be' can issue an update to fix the problem!

Sdjof
First Steps

I just got the Versa today and the inability to improve the font size is proving to be a deal breaker

Sdjof
First Steps

Would love to see a double tap to magnify option become available like most phones have

Romy48
Jogger
Sent from my iPhone
Xerxes910
Jogger

This request has been out there for some time and Fitbit has turned a deaf ear to us. So don't expect a resolution, in fact I would expect if they ever do add the feature you will have to buy the latest watch to get it. So I am just biding my time to buy an apple watch series 3 since Fitbit has no solution planned.

dalerm
First Steps

I am so disappointed because I upgraded from an Alta to a Versa simply because I was having trouble reading the date on my Alta. I never dreamed the problem would be even worse on my new Versa! My husband is upgrading from a Charge 2, but sadly will look elsewhere now 😞 

Vicbro
First Steps

Double tap to enlarge is the perfect solution. Surely this could be achieved via a software patch/update without too much difficulty??

markusdtaussig
First Steps

I just got the Charge 3 and I find it a good bit harder to read than the Charge 2. An ability to increase font would be very helpful for me.

madsnb
Jogger

Come on Fitbit. My wife and I are happy with our Charge 2 watches, but my mother in law cannot read notifications on the new Versa we just gave her. Please help resolve this request which surely will be appreciated by many!

Romy48
Jogger

Yes, please increase the font size.  I cannot read my Versa without my specs it is so inconvenient and annoying.

eventhorizons
First Steps
I got an Ionic last week after my Kickstarter Pebble Steel, which was my very first smartwatch, finally died. 

The Pebble had the limited ability to adjust the font size for the notifications.  (Even bigger would have been better!)

My old eyes need a bigger font!  I often use the watch to know I got a message and then pull out the phone the actually read the message.

Add my vote for a similar feature. 

Thanks.

Trashmale509
First Steps

Please make an option to increase the text size of notifications and other text

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Trashmale509, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

kathyb43
Jogger
Please do a software update to be able to adjust the font size it is so small I can barely read the information. May take it back if not fixed. Love the Versa other then this issue

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Xerxes910
Jogger

I have never seen a scalable font option. Not on the blaze and not in the
software. When was it added?

--

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Moonatics
First Steps

Just got my Versa yesterday. I am very disappointed in the lack of font sizing. I can barely read the messages and notifications. This is a dealbreaker.

RtH67
First Steps

I'm stubborn and kept the Versa.  Super frustrated with the inability to change the font size for notifications.  I thought for sure I was just missing that part of the documentation.  I only need reading glasses for small print.  I was very surprised in this day and age that the company shelved that feature.  This watch is not meant for anyone who needs reading glasses... if you liked the notion of texts and notifications on your wrist. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.