Able to adjust font size on Versa series

I would appreciate the ability to adjust the size of the text on my Ionic, especially in regard to email and text notifications.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

161 Comments
seanpeter
Jogger

At least half of Fitbit users need bigger font sizes for messages, news etc.  If I need to go grab my reading glasses, I might as well grab my phone and read it there. The beauty of smartwatches is that it allows you a quick glance, and when I glance at the versa, I can't read a thing beind the big-font main screen with hour, date and steps.  And my glasses are only 1.25X.  Just walk around the Fitbit office and ask everybody you find there who is over 43 if they can read their news and messages on their Versas.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @seanpeter. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to have an option to adjust the font size of your device's display. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Ronald1
Runner

Hi I last posted in 2017 and today is 28 September 2019. Please provide support for Dynamic Text on IOS. There is no point in prancing about with iPhone and Versa when the in app (Fitbit App that is) display requires that I have to wear my reading glasses whilst working out. Tracking activity with Versa DOES require reading glasses UNLIKE Garmin which allows custom font sizes. Tracking activity via Fitbit App allows for voice feedback but not directly from Versa. 

Oh by the way those waiting for the SP02 which was for “distant future implementation”, Garmin Vivoactive 4 has brought the future to us. Sorry Fitbit.

I do enjoy the Versa but future proofing is well future proofing. 

Status changed to: New
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Ronald1 Thanks for your suggestion about having an option to customize font sizes.

I moved it to this thread because it is the same idea.

trsmcasey
First Steps

Please give us the ability to increase the font size on our Fitbit tracker.  I have a Versa Lite which I got for Christmas and am thinking of returning it because I can't read the small font on my text messages. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @trsmcasey, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit Versa Lite. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Azbit
First Steps

I am so disappointed in the inability to enlarge text when receiving texts and notifications.  Super hard to see and I have to grab reader glasses to view them.  Nobody wants to have readers while jogging or walking.  My watch is supposed to make it easier for me to not to have to grab my phone.  Big fail.  Other watches have this feature.  It is not like font sizes are a difficult feature to figure out.  We have been doing it on every devise for many years now.  Put someone on this and make an update.   Absolutely ridiculous that your customers have to complain about this simple fix over and over.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Azbit. Thanks for sharing your idea about increasing the font for notifications on your watch. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Lgwest411
First Steps

Hey-Like many users, I have poor eyesight,(which is why I love the big screen on my Versa) But the last update seems to have reduced the font size:(

It would be sooo cool if users could program the font size/boldness (the way I can on my Iphone email and texting functions) then Versa would be way more user friendly for myself, and probably many other users.  Versa would then get a bigger market share, for all ages/ abilities,and there is plenty of room on the screen:)

Remember, there are are situations that even those with better sight may be taking off their glasses  to say, go in the pool?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lgwest411, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Fitbit Versa. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Boeingdriver777
Recovery Runner

Having used the Versa for around 36 hours I must admit there's one thing its crying out for,an option to increase the text size on screen which You can do on almost any smartwatch but I feel this may have been already suggested.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Boeingdriver777, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to adjust the size of the text on Fitbit Versa 2. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

lmbrose63
Jogger

I am hopeful that Fitbit address the needs of those of us who wear readers.  I love my Fitbit (Versa), but there is no way to increase the font.  When I purchased it, I was told all I had to do was go into settings and adjust the size.  Well, not so.   There are a great many of us who would truly appreciate Fitbit addressing this issue.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @lmbrose63, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to increase font size on Fitbit devices. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

LAW01
First Steps
I would like the option to change the size of the font on notifications for the Ionic to allow easier reading
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LAW01, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a larger font for Ionic text notifications. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

BillH523
First Steps
Want the ability for the user to increase text font size, especially for notifications. I've found a good watch face installation for it, but still want to change the watch's built-in text sizes.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BillH523, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to adjust the font size on Fitbit Versa. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

lmbrose63
Jogger
I am unhappy & surprised my post for increase in font size was disregarded
& removed. You don't only cater to the young & you're missing a huge market. I am disappointed that something so simple on your tech end, isn't even a consideration. I can't verbalize my frustration, feeling slighted, & apparent demographic bias. Thanks - or not?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @lmbrose63, thank you for sharing your feedback. As mentioned before this suggestion already exists that's why we've merged it to this requestWhile we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Gr4ndp4
10K Racer
I'm sure I'm not your only fan who wears spectacles. To swim I must remove them, others will remove them for vigorous exercise. Consider large font, simplified display options for us. For instance, when swimming the number of completed lengths of the pool will be very helpful, as would clearer start and finish displays.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Gr4ndp4, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to adjust font size on your Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

DGS704
First Steps
Please, please, please consider developing the option to enlarge the font on the watch screen for users. You literally have pages and pages of people requesting this feature which are being ignored. I’m on the verge of returning to my Sony Smartwatch which offers this rather basic option.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DGS704, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to adjust font size on Fitbit Ionic. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

sandytpa
First Steps
Aging eyes cannot read the notifications at the current size.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.