Able to choose default device if there is more than one on Fitbit app

Hi, I own three devices from fitbit, Blaze, Alta HR and flex2.

From the fitbit app, im not able to set a default device...i don't know exactly how the fitbit app handle 3 devices at the same time. Blaze is never the default, always the Alta HR the winner to be the default (right corner icon)... Also notifications, does not work very good when they are 3 devices  paired

this is a no sense to not being able to set a default device  and put others OFF  ...

Answer from fitbit :

Hello Domenico,

Thank you for contacting us again about your multiple devices issue.

We inform you that you can do that but the device not used must be far away so it won't sync with your mobile or you have to turn your phone Bluetooth OFF.

Don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Isa D et l'équipe Fitbit

My answer:

Hi,

Why we  cannot choose the Device we want from the fitbit app? 

Synchronizing 2 devices at the same time is a non sense if we cannot have more than one account. 

Im sorry but i won't put my bluetooth off or i won't put my other device far from my phone just because you are not able to manage this issue... 

Please update the fitbit app to be able to manage correctly 2 or more devices with the option to make a default device possible. 

Thanks

Dominic

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject, updated label and formatting

14 Comments
swimteam
First Steps

I think the fitbit food log is poor in comparison to other programs such as my fitness pal.  It is much easier to find various foods in my fitness pal than in the fitbit program.  I tried syncing the two and when the information pulls over to the fitbit it just shows the calories used not the food that was consumed so it doesn't make sense to sync.  I find myself using multiple food log programs because fitbit doesn't give me the best options for what I am eating.  I would also like the option to monitor carbs as other people have mentioned and to be able to print out my log as needed to share with my doctors and nutritionist.

SueHank
Recovery Runner

Putting this here, as I saw the link in another chat.  I am in a medically supervised weight loss program so I have to track my food.  I was using the MyFitnesspal app.  decided to start using Fitbit's food tracking app to keep everything together in one app instead of two.  But there are some fundamental flaws that make using it cumbersome. 

Hoping there is hope that some technical improvements are on the way for the following:

The problems I have:

1. It defaults to a meal (like lunch or breakfast) so I constantly have to fix which meal a food item is assigned to.  Default should be blank (forcing a choice).
  2. It defaults to a day (like today), and you cannot edit the day a food item is assigned to once it's saved.   So I have to delete it from the wrong day and reenter it on the write day.  Default should be blank (forcing a choice).
  3. It is hard to figure out what day I am on and how to change the date.  Once you click the plus sign, the day/date should be the first thing to choose. Or, make it more clear to choose a date for logging food
  4. The food tracker on my phone app and online (computer) do not operate the same way at all.  It's confusing as to what I can do on the app vs what I can do on the computer and I struggle remembering and going back and forth. 
  5. Need option to set nutrition goals, haven't figured that out yet...if I can currently do it I can't figure it out. 

please send good news!  LOL

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Pegster229
Jogger

I also have asked for the macronutrients to show in grams on the app, like the site dashboard does. Percentages do not tell me if I am hitting my goals!!  I am tracking solely on my phone so having this show only on the site does not help at all. It's not efficient for me to track my food in a separate app that shows the breakdown of macronutrients then switch over to FitBit for what I've burned, I might as well switch fitness trackers. Also, the "solution" to inputting future meals for later in the day (without having it say you're over your target) using the site dashboard doesn't help the overwhelming majority of users who use the app - we are mobile, this needs to be a feature on the app like others have. If FitBit cares about their users they will implement these basic features that other apps already have, otherwise why stay with FitBit?

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Add your vote here to avoid duplicate suggestions

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Here is the answer from fitbit :

Hello Domenico, 

Thank you for contacting us again about your multiple devices issue.

We inform you that you can do that but the device not used must be far away so it won't sync with your mobile or you have to turn your phone Bluetooth OFF.

Don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Isa D et l'équipe Fitbit

--
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi,

Why we  cannot choose the Device we want from the fitbit app? 

Synchronizing 2 devices at the same time is a non sense if we cannot have more than one account. 

Im sorry but i won't put my bluetooth off or i won't put my other device far from my phone just because you are not able to manage this issue... 

Please update the fitbit app to be able to manage correctly 2 or more devices with the option to make a default device possible. 

Thanks
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

With the windows 10 phone app this is possible. I find my app tends to default to the last tracker that synced that has had steps counted. 

So for me it seems to be pretty much automatic. 

Currently I have Ionic, Charge 2, Blaze, Surge, and Alta. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

MSmith11
First Steps

I have two Fitbit devices.  I use a Charge 3 and an Alta HR. I mostly use the Charge 3. When I go to sync the Charge 3 with my app, if I'm away from home and my Alta HR, the app spins and spins trying to sync with the Alta HR... and doesn't sync with the Charge 3. This is very annoying!! I only wear the Alta HR for an hour or two per week (usually when charging the Charge 3).  It would be nice if there was an on/off button for each device within the app so I can turn off the Alta HR when I'm not using it.  This would keep the Alta HR from interfering with syncing my Charge 3 with the app on demand.  Please work this into an app update.  I'd really appreciate it add it would greatly improve the functionality/use of my device/app. Thank you! 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The app really should be trying to sync both trackers. 

The biggest issue most have discovered is that the app only sends notifications to one tracker, even if your not wearing this tracker. 

CSKo
Jogger
When using multiple fitbit devices it should be possible to align step counts correctly. Rather than syncing to the lowest step count, can the syncing please be changed to the highest step count such steps are not being lost. Indoor cycling is difficult to get registered properly, particularly if you want to count steps and measure heart rate too.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CSKo, thanks for explaining why you would like to have a better option to sync your data when using multiple devices in the same account. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

This is really important, the last time we where able to connect multiple trackers, notifications would only show up on the newest tracker. It did not matter what order the trackers where added. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.