Able to customize Exercise app list on Smartwatches

Would like to be able to remove exercises I do not do.
Also would like to move my most used ones to the top.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and updated label
105 Comments
bohansk
First Steps

The Versa 3 has the same problem I believe.  I get frustrated trying to scroll and click on the correct exercise especially if I'm already moving and have not found a way to eliminate or move an exercise to the bottom of the list.

KathleenB77
First Steps

I just upgraded my Versa 2 to a Versa 3 as I unfortunately dropped my Versa 2 and the screen broke.  😞  I'm happy with most of the upgrades but removing the ability to organize your exercises according to your specifically most used is unbelieveably baffling and an absolute ridiculous decision by the Fitbit team.  Everyone exercises differently so why on earth would this feature be removed???  Since it was already included in Versa 2 then there should be minimal effort to include it in Versa 3.  Please considering doing so.

Katana73
Jogger

Please add the feature to add/remove/reorganize exercises on the Versa 3! Please... without having to purchase a new one! 🙂

stixaw
Jogger

I want this functionality back, i can't even choose rowing which is what I do the most other than workout.  I have to add it manually which really seems to be a stupid option since I could do this with the Versa 2 just my choosing the exercise

cleyoung
First Steps

Dear Fitbit Team, Please add the exercise short cuts to the Versa3, as was in previous versions. I like the option of managing my own workout options and would like to remove/delete those exercises I will never use (ie. golf).

Progkarma
Jogger

I agree! I would very much like to remove unused exercise entries and be able to sort them. Please FitBit... incorporate this feature!

Cheers

Aurore09
First Steps

On versa 3 it should be nice to manage ourself the shortcut exercise. In fact I ll never use golf but O would like to add danse or Zumba,…

Simonsimps
Runner

Just upgraded to Versa 3 from the 1st Versa. Just spent 10 minutes trying to remove and rearrange the shortcuts.... Now I know why I couldn't.

Please bring this back so I can remind myself of how un-sporty I am by looking at "Walk, Bike Ride" in my shortcuts instead of making me feel bad that I don't do the 20 other things on the list lol.

Thank you.

RLCYA
Recovery Runner

My Fitbit Ionic was just recalled.  the closest thing to replacing it was the Versa 3.  I received the Versa 3 today and found out that I CANNOT reorganize my Exercise List.  I of the 20 listed I have only 7 that I use.  Of those, I use 4 or 5 times a week.  It is a "pain" to have to go through the 20, especialy when Walk & Workout are out the bottom of the list.  Then when I go to play tennis, I have to ask the other players to wait while I scroll through the list to activate Tennis (unless it happened to be the last thing I did.  How hard is it to allow a feature that was on all the 3 Fitbits I had before this.  I was really happy with my less a"advanced" Ionic.

Hopefully, the software guys can help us all out. Thanks for letting me vent!

mrfentastic
First Steps

I definitely agree that we should be able to reorder and select our prefered activities on our watches.  Why was this removed?  Seems like a simple and convenient option to retain.

G_Whiz
First Steps

I had to give up my beloved Ionic to the recall and chose the Sense. Overall, I like the upgrade. However, my disabilities make it difficult for me to have to plow through all the exercise shortcuts when I only have the ability to do 4 things. Please give us the ability to remove the shortcuts we don’t want. Even better, make it easy to add and remove shortcuts at will.

G_Whiz
First Steps

There is no ability to edit a post, so this is an addendum to mine. To recap, my disabilities make it difficult to plow through the exercise shortcuts, especially since I can only do 4 things. I wanted to add that I have a progressive, muscle-wasting condition that makes it imperative that I exercise as often as possible, so I try to get 2 or 3 sessions in each day. That is why it is maddening to me that Fitbit made this so-called “improvement” that makes my life more difficult.

bskts4ver
Jogger

I miss being able rearrange the exercise modes to my liking and some I'll never use.

Lola555
First Steps

I would like to select only the exercises I use to appear on my sense. This way the list is much shorter when I want to select an exercise.

DaveDi
Recovery Runner

Like several others here, I just replaced my Ionic with a Sense, and I'm very unhappy that the exercise shortcuts can no longer be removed and reorganized. From a customer perspective, this makes zero sense, and I question whether Fitbit is being honest about why this change was made. It certainly wasn't done because customers were asking for it.

Like the others here the feature to not be able to customise your exercise shortcuts as you could on pretty much all previous Fitbits is nuts! It was there on Surge, Charge 4 and Ionic, why now that my Ionic's been recalled and I've technically "upgraded" to a Versa 3 do I have to deal with such bloat and a lack of editability that was there previously? 

Wardy6
Jogger
I only participate in 4 main activities which are: running cycling eliptical and walking. I wish to hide all other activities in my exercise list and show these in order of priority. This seems to be an intuitive basic requirement for most users but does not appear to be part of the sense functionality.
Wardy6
Jogger

Great suggestion and 100 percent agree with this.  I would expect this to be a basic and obvious feature for such an advanced fitness device.

Wardy6
Jogger

I fully agree with and support this request. The ability to choose the exercises that are relevant to me, and hide categories that are not relevant seems to be a fundemental feature that should be part of such an advanced fitness device. I'm sure my Ionic (recalled and replaced with a sense) had this option. Sadly the sense does not, and its such a backward step.   Please restore this useful Ionic feature to the Sence.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Wardy6, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to reorganize the Exercise app list on your Sense with us. Your feedback is truly appreciated and because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Big-Gee
Recovery Runner
I hope with all the feedback fitbit offers a firmware update to fix this.
RoadWorkAhead
Jogger

I also upgraded to a Sense from an Ionic and was frustrated with this issue, as the others who have commented, to find I could not manage the exercise list. Please fix this issue. Thanks

Orpiper
Recovery Runner

I will add my support for adding the ability to organize exercises on the Sense.  It is a feature that I used on my Iconic watch and expected to see on this new watch.  Please take the time and effort to bring to the Sense.  As others have stated I don't use all the ones available so I don't want to have to sort through a list of 20 to find the 2 - 4 exercises I use regularly.

GDCs
First Steps

Hi, that are over 200 views for a similar feature on the Sense, and this has been a standard feature on all the Fitbits I've had prior to the Versa3. It seems like a weird oversight that this feature is not present in such an advanced device. Please correct and add the option to manage the exercise list.

Letsweat
First Steps

Totally agree with most here, the most recent is inaccuracy.  I walked 5x and spin 3x a week but run and bike every other week.  Yet run and bike are my recent.  LOL! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.