Able to customize Exercise app list on Smartwatches

Would like to be able to remove exercises I do not do.
Also would like to move my most used ones to the top.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and updated label
105 Comments
Letsweat
First Steps

How I missed Dee, Iconic!  Got chatted into trading in for Versa 3 a month ago, couldn't customize my exercises and now my music!

EilidhMC14
Jogger
Be able to add the exercises you want to the list held on your Fitbit sense rather than just having the defaults that you might not use at all.
Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @EilidhMC14 -  the Sense is smart and moves the ones you use to the top of the list, in the order you use them most, that way there is no real need to edit the list.

EilidhMC14
Jogger
But if the activity is not on the list on my sense then how can I get my fitbit to recognise the activity and push it to the top of the list.  I need to be able to add the activity I use to the watch first and then they can order themselves.Sent from my Galaxy
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @EilidhMC14, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to organize the Exercise list on Sense. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

MichaelJO
Base Runner

I would use this feature daily. I need to delete many of the exercises and place the remaining ones in my own order.

Redsarah
Jogger

I agree with you i do not use them all and hate that on versa 3 I can not move the ones I use the most in the order I want.where as before I could but other than that I love my fitbit versa 3

mfrenshaw
Stepping Up

The whole concept of smartwatches is ease of use in a small space (watch face on a wrist). Inundating a user with a huge list of exercises and not allowing the user to select and sort which exercises are shown seems to be a bit insane. 

I would be quite happy to do the heavy lifting (adding/removing exercises and making sort decisions) in the phone APP so that my Versa 3 just has to display the list the way I want it. 

I do appreciate the auto-sort to list the top 3 used exercises at the top of the list but that seems like a lot more work than just letting the user control this option from within the APP.

Functionality is great but it must also be easy to use and tailor to my needs. 

Over the years, I have had a Surge, an Ionic, a Sense, and now a Versa 3 (due to old ones suffering from "planned obsolescence" (i.e. they broke)) and it seems to me some of these gave me better control of the exercise list but my memory has forgotten the details.

Please have the Fitbit development team give this requirement some very serious consideration to help us all use the Fitbits more effectively and with less frustration.

Many thanks for your serious consideration of this issue.

Rob.J
First Steps
I have just recently purchased Fitbit Sense (an upgrade from Versa 2) and I have now noticed I can't customise the exercise shortcuts anymore. The option in app has gone. I only do 4 different exercises. I don't need to see 15+. This watch is supposed to be an upgrade. It's actually a downgrade.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Rob.J, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to customize exercise shortcuts on Fitbit Sense. I've moved it into a similar request.  Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Gkapp
First Steps

Leaving out the ability to customize the exercise order leaves me with the impression that the Fitbit development team is out of touch with your product owners and frankly lack plain common sense.  Most users own Fitbits for tracking walking and running steps.  Makes no logical sense to have a non-customizable list where those two exercises are near the bottom of the list.  After being a loyal Fitbit owner for 10 years, this issue has me seriously thinking about returning this new Versa 3 and purchasing a competitor's product. 

FFBPhoto
Jogger

Not being able to remove unused exercises, and not being able to add custom exercises, are major oversights. These are relatively simple tasks for your development team. Add the functionality to the app - it's very valuable. I think all the other major fitness watches support this. My Vantage V2 does, though I've just gone back to the Versa 3. I may need to rethink that choice. 

Urbanbushwoman
Stepping Up
Going from a tracker to a smart watch should avail me more features not remove them. I need exercise shortcuts so I won't have to scroll needlessly hoping to find what I need on my list..for instance Zumba isn't even listed and is a popular activity neither is any Hotworx activity..I feel like I didn't step up by getting a Sense, I get the feeling
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Urbanbushwoman, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to organize exercise shortcuts on Sense. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Eddie_Edwards
Recovery Runner

It seems strange to me that on my Fitbit versa, I chose the exercises I'd like in the exercise shortcut, as opposed to now stating on the versa 3 that I cannot choose which exercises I would like on the exercise shortcut.

It makes no sense to me why were using an updated version of the fitbit versa when the older ones seem to have better functionality. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Sorry @Eddie_Edwards this feature was changed with the Versa 2. 

crippstar
Recovery Runner
I like the Exercise tile with the 3 exercises available to start immediately but it would be great if I could customise the tile so that I control what exercises are shown rather than just the last three used. Also, when tapping on All, it would be great if I could customise the top of the list of exercises rather than just most recent / popular.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @crippstar, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to customize the Exercise app list on the Sense 2 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Joy-Toy
First Steps

I just splurged and upgraded my inspire 2 to the sense 2. I like almost everything about the new watch except the exercise section and interval training settings.   Why not let us edit/delete/organize this in the app like my inspire 2?  Why won’t the interval settings I set on the watch of the sense 2 not save?    It’s so annoying to have to redo it every time,…..after scrolling through dozens of exercises I never use first.   I like to do 30sec/30secs 15x a few times a day to get my steps up.  The new cEDA scanner does read my annoyed body response every time I want to do intervals I get the preset 40 sec/20 secs for 5 minutes.  Ugh, I still have time to return it  I’m trying to decide.  I could always use my inspire 2 during intervals……but alas, Fitbit won’t let me sync it without unsyncing my sense 2 to get it recorded correctly that I’m doing intervals.   The in watch exercise section is an upgrade downgrade that makes the sense not make sense.  I don’t care about texting or calling on it I just want the exercise section to work like it used to, in a common sense way.  

Wheatenguy
Jogger

The ability to edit the exercise list is sorely missing on the Versa 3. There are exercises listed that I would never use and some I want are near the bottom of the list. The inability to edit the list is badly needed. 

meregirljj
First Steps
I am able to add custom activities to my fitbit.com account but are not able to view or select them on my watch. The only way to change it is to log it as something else that's standard go online and edit it which is very labor intensive.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @meregirljj, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the ability to organize the 'Exercise list' on Sense. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

kyony2730
First Steps

Please add the exercise edit list feature back into the new software releases for the Versa 3.  

RobsterR
Jogger

I have no hope but I'd like this too. I have more than 3 different exercises I do regularly and it is annoying if they get pushed out of the "top 3" all the time....

Teddy_M
Jogger

Fitbit needs to improve organisation in favourite workouts to allow for easier and quicker navigation.

Organising by latest-to-oldest or allowing the favourite workout tiles/icons to be rearranged in a preferred order. Grouping different types of workouts within favourites by users would make picking them a lot easier. E.g a group for your favourite cardio/HIIT, stretches, running etc.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.