Able to download Premium audio and video workouts

Audio and video workouts use data on my cellular plan. I would like to be able to down load (especially the walking workouts), so that when I am walking, data from my data plan is not used.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

47 Comments
Status changed to: Needs More Info
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner. Thank you for sharing your Feature Suggestion with the Fitbit Community. We aren't sure what you mean by audio and video workouts. Do you refer to the Premium workouts available in the Fitbit app? Or is this related to the Fitbit Coach workouts? To understand this idea better, please reply with more detail or specifics on show this idea would work. We look forward to your response.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I am referring to the walking workouts on the Premium app. I am new to the FitBit community through my health care insurance with United Healthcare. I would like to listen to the walking workouts while I walk, but the FitBit representative I talked to on the phone told me that listening to these workouts would use data from my cell phone plan. Since I don’t have an “unlimited data plan,” listening while using data could really add up. It would be helpful to be able to download these workouts much like you can download a podcast to listen to off line while walking.

I hope that clarifies my suggestion.

Walker2.0
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner. Thanks for clarifying that you'd like to download the Premium audio and video workouts with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Quite remarkable that I could be the first one to request downloads to avoid using data time.
Educate1986
First Steps

This would be such a valuable part of the fitbit community, to have access to videos while not also requiring data usage. 

Giampi71
5K Racer

@LizzyFitbit 

Considering that Fitbit coach app is no longer available on smartwatch because Fitbit decided so I think we can close this suggestion as "not currently planned" and avoid to give false hopes to the customers.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
It would be good to be able to predownload workouts to avoid interuption during network connectivity issues.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to download Premium audio and video workouts. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

You might be also interested in voting for these other suggestions: Make Mindfulness and Workout videos downloadable and predownload fitbit coach workouts.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

CoMac
First Steps
I want to use the premium guided programs on my phones while outside running, but I do not have unlimited data. I would like to download the audio so I can actually use the programs! This is helpful for the app and fitbit coach.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @CoMac, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to download Premium workouts with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Lizkiz
Jogger

In light of the closure of Coach in the next week, I've been trying to get used to Fitbit Audio coaching on the Fitbit App using my premium membership.  However, like the above posts, I am extremely frustrated when I'm out on a guided audio run (previously migrated over from the Coach app) and, as I live in a rural area and don't have the luxury of permanent data (if I wanted to use my data constantly on audio streams anyway), I lose connection and therefore the consistency in my session.  I had a very weak response from Support about why Coach was closing and am not happy about the solutions for everything that Coach offered.  What am I paying my premium for when I wanted to specifically use it for the coach session??????

OscarApl
First Steps
Since I pay premium I would like to be able to play workouts offline.
It is the only reason I upgraded to premium.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @OscarApl, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to download Premium video workouts to play them offline. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

OscarApl
First Steps

Thanks for speedy response. However, the only posts I could see about fitbit being available offline were from 2018. I was hoping by 2021 this would have been sorted. I am cancelling my premium subscription, the NHS have free videos 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I also am in need of this 'feature'. I bought an inspire2 because I wanted to have exercise/workout instructions while exercising. When I bought it I'd read that the Coach app was going to be part of Fitbit Premium and thus assumed that being able to preload/download an workout would also be 'transferred'. I don't have any data plan so I pay per MB I download. So now exercising with Fitbit Premium workout is costing me extra money. If I would have known this 'feature' would not be transferred I would have looked for a different brand for helping me get fit.

Seriously starting to consider if I can get a refund for my Inspire2 (that came with a year free premium) which was for me the main reason to buy it.

carapachuda
First Steps
Download workout and mindfulness videos on the new FitBit app to bypass connectivity issues and reduce mobile data use
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @carapachuda, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to download your Premium workouts with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. You might also be interested in this other suggestion. We'll keep tracking these requests over time, so please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

carapachuda
First Steps

Yes, thank you, but how about moving the rest of my message here also? I only see the title. Also, I created a new message instead of upvoting this one bc I want the FitBit team to understand that this is a CURRENT request. The need for downloadable videos did not end with the change from the Coach app to the FitBit app… 

Tanya_
Jogger

Not just fitness - I would like to be able to listen to the meditations/mindfulness sessions when I’m travelling, out in nature or just relaxing somewhere that I do not have access to wifi! This has been an issue for me for sometime now. 

Gle123
First Steps

can’t you let premium users download for limited time like in Libby my library app? It would overcome the problem. I want to be able to use my wifi mini iPad outdoor and where there is no  reception. Not all places have coverage here and in some areas it is not reliable. Thank you. G

Tanya_
Jogger

@LizzyFitbit Is it possible to provide an update on where this initiative is at? Is it being considered? Worked on? Not addressed at this time? Thanks in advance. 

Paullubs
Recovery Runner

This would be a great option especially when overseas as I would have restricted data allowance.

Also, Headspace offer this as an option

Sdobent
First Steps

How has this not been fixed yet?! What is the point of audio walking workouts if you can not download them? Wifi is not available outdoors, it is a critical feature that needs to be addressed. Thank you. 

OldFogey
Jogger

Downloading meditations for use while traveling by plane or train when it is not possible to stream data would be really useful.

SSNomad
Base Runner

This should labeled "restore a feature." This used to be possible but with the "upgrade" to Premium, it no longer. I don't know how many votes it takes for a suggestion to actually be implemented, but the threshold should be lower for things that used to work and now don't. 

My workout just stopped in the middle today because of poor cell service. If I had been able to download it, I would have had a nice workout. Now, I'm just frustrated. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.