Able to increase font size for notifications on Versa 3

I have just received my Versa 3, after a Versa 2. I would like to be able to increase the font size on notifications and other features, as it is possible to manage it on a smartphone. It's a shame to be able to take my smartphone to read an entering SMS because i can't read it on my Versa 3 !

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
26 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @jp.bond, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to increase font size for notifications on Versa 3 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

jp.bond
Jogger

if you feel it's more important to integrate Spotify or Pokemon Go before dealing with the font size that has been asking for YEARS, just because there are more votes for those features, I'm sorry and surprised ... There are logical and essential demands, and others which are only frivolous but popular ... Make the right choices !

jkester
First Steps

Increasing the font size is essential for anyone who can't read tiny print anymore -- there may even be those who never could. Talk about a no-brainer.

KayCz
First Steps

The ability to increase the font size on the Versa 3 would be great.

Lizard555
Base Runner
I would like the calendar notifications to appear bigger on the screen. See screenshot how tiny it is at the moment. Also, the text is truncated - only 14 characters appear. The screen of Versa 3 is nice and big so the notification could be bigger.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
Lizard555
Base Runner

Attaching a photounnamed (1).jpg

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lizard555, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a bigger font for Versa 3 calendar notifications with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Domer99
First Steps

Font size adjustability is needed for notifications. Please make this update ASAP.

Thank you

drsqwales
Jogger
Please make an option to increase font size for text messages, emails, etc that are received on the Versa 3
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @drsqwales, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to increase the font size for notifications on your Versa 3 with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lizard555, thanks for taking the time to explain this suggestion about being able to increase the font size on your Versa 3 specially for your calendar notifications with us. It seems this idea was requested before in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Fraggler2
First Steps

Font is waaay too small! I can't read my notifications or texts. No way to change font size? Another FitBit failure!

RP84
First Steps

Hi Fitbit Support and Development Team,

As many mentioned, this is one of the necessary feature to make any watch more usable, specifically Fitbit Versa 3 has very small font size, and notification and other features are nearly useless when anyone want to take benefit of quick glance and go through the message.

Appreciate if you can include in your development and upcoming release.

Thanks!

RP84
First Steps

Also don't look at just up votes and comments over here, as many users might have struggled for this and might have give up. I was just searching how to increse font size for versa 3, and through one or other way reached to this discussion forum. Not necessary many users able to navigate to this forum. so without counting upvotes, consider this as necessity, and if you look at your peers, many are providing this feature, as its more for accessibility and make it more usable. you can review on Apple Watch and you will find this one as basic feature.

So please dont go for votes and counts, rather go with practical use case and how much it can benefit to lot of Fitbit community members. 

RP84
First Steps

@LizzyFitbit  - any updates on this feature ? appreciate if you can provide latest updates on this or any tentative timeline when can we expect it to be available for Versa 3 ?

Nickfolkes
First Steps

Agree the font size on notification is way too small

Harleykimtaz
First Steps

The font size should be adjustable on all fitbits.  Apple does this.  I don't want an apple watch.  I like my Fitbit.  I have been wearing one for 6 years now.  It does just what I want, except bigger font, so that I can see it.

Zrocck94
Recovery Runner

As someone who upgraded to a versa 3 due to the ionic recall, this is aweful that a watch made in 2017 had larger font notifications. What's the point of the larger screen,  it the text is smaller? Seriously... had I known about this, I'd have kept the ionic, battery issue and all. 

kashel
First Steps

Agree with all the comments above!  I just got the verse 3 for my birthday.  The font size is way too small.  Please stop adding apps and fix this issue.  I want to love this Fitbit but the text message feature is almost unusable.  

AlexAmaya
First Steps

I agree with this needed feature ,hopefully soon to be implemented.

jp.bond
Jogger

you can dream on it...
The only hope we can have, is they implement this by default on the new Google Pixel Watch.
I'm quite sure nothing new will come on the "old" fitbit watchs from now

And it's a shame

G1XOZ
Recovery Runner

Having just had eye surgery I cannot see small text in this watch and would think being able to increase the font size would be a simple task for a software company?

EdSieja
First Steps

Just moved from Versa 2 to 3. Great watch but really need notification font to either be larger by default or even better make it a setting so everyone is happy.

frandj
Jogger

I believe there are many more people who would like to see this enhancement however it's not easy to find how to lodge their request or vote. Please look into this asap I believe it would be a great selling point for the Versa. 

Thank you for your time

pzale
First Steps

I've just started with smartwatches in general, and being 72 years old, in very good condition except for having to wear reading glasses, and I agree with everything said above.   I find it to be absolutely anathemic in nature that a company so well known for creating items like this smartwatch, ostensibly to help everyone keep better track of their own health, is not supported by the company when it comes to making things easier for customer's that need nothing more than something to make it possible to actually READ the data being gathered by the device ... and especially WHILE it's being gathered.   The data shows on the watch face ... just even the simplest probable measurement ... number of steps ... but I can't see it in real time because it's too small.  By extension on that particular issue, the same holds true for virtually every thing I've ever tried to actually read on the watch, except for the time itself, thank goodness.  Right now, that's the only benefit this relatively high cost piece of technology provides.

I'm NOT angry about this, even if this post makes it sound like I am. 

Disappointed would be a better word.  Disappointed that a high tech product is at times fairly useless to people with even the smallest of "special" needs. Disappointed that the engineers of this were too short sighted to put the functionality into place.  Disappointed that the management chains who certainly had to review it didn't kick it back upstairs, so to speak, into the developers laps with instructions to remember those who have different needs from the rest.  Disappointed that it's taking any more than a single user request to fix something that should have fundamentally found and fixed during project development and testing.    Of course, none of that is unique to fitbit; it's endemic to almost every product developed for almost any purpose and use by any individual, but that doesn't excuse any single (or more) companies from making their products the best possible of all.  I'm firmly convinced that hi-tech can do millions of things to make life better for billions of humans  but ONLY if the producers of all those hi-tech products get their heads out ... well you know the rest of the expression.

Come on guys ... all tech ... but at this moment in this place and this response ... get it together and when omissions to basic product functionality are presented to you by even one customer ... just fix it.

Rant over.   I hope that one day, very soon, I can replace every word in this post with an update that says to Fitbit ... "Thank you, Fitbit, for getting it right".

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.