Able to log FFMI to Fitbit app and fitbit.com/dashboard

It would be useful to have the option of adding body measurements to profile and BMI / FFMI to dashboard to keep a more complete picture of health / fitness status and/or goals for all products, not just the scale

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

19 Comments
huioliver
First Steps

Can you add a BMI readout feature to the Fitbit Ionic and Versa so that it shows as part of the 'Today' feature when I swipe up?  Also add this BMI info to the Fitbit dashboard.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

HEWatson
First Steps

Please add the FFMI calculation along side or in place of the BMI calculation. It gives a better idea of improvement than BMI.

Moderator Edition Labels.

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @HEWatson. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

GreatGiza
First Steps

I like this idea a lot for those of us who are wanting to focus on gaining quality weighty (muscle) and hold off the fat

LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hey @DoruntineUK!  Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Let's keep our eye open on what other users have to say.

TammyBoBammy
Jogger

Agree with HEWatson and GreatGiza.  FFMI, body measurements like waist circumference and waist:hip ratio, and body fat percentage are far better measurements of health than BMI.  There is currently no way to even input body measurements in Fitbit.  There have been several separate threads about this.  If you combine all the community interest across all of them you will see that this is in demand.  I've seen several just in the first 3-4 pages of feature suggestions--and there are 128 pages total!  

Dexterity
Recovery Runner

I very much agree about the body measurements. I currently have to have another app to register that but I use the Fitbit app for everything else. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add an option to track body measurements and the option to pick which body parts we want to track. Many people don't realize how important it is and get depressed when the scales aren't moving but they are losing inches 

Dariia24
First Steps

Hi all! 

I've been using the Fitbit app for some time now, and I've noticed that apart from the weight measurement and fat percentage (which I believe not too many people use?) 

Here's my suggestion: Allow body measurements to be added (in a similar format to the weight measurements so that you can see some kind of timeline.)  

I would suggest that the option would be optional and that each user could select which measurements they want to focus on from a drop-down menu (obviously more than one body measurement could be added.) 

The measurements that are available are chest, waist, hips, thigh and possibly arms, however, there could also be an option to 'add your own' measurement. 

If this feature becomes available, I would also love to see a help page that explains where to measure yourself exactly, so that consistency is easier to be met when measuring..

This way, more users could track their progress better as sometimes our weight may not be changing, but our body measurements are.

(I know that similar threads are present but most that I have seen are from a few years ago, therefore I would love to get this subject going again!) 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Dariia24, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

CatsKetoLife
First Steps

Please bring back the body measurements log.  It would be very nice to have that back.  Waist not want not.  🙂

DLP92
Jogger

I would really like a body measurements log... I'm starting a weight loss challenge, have a LOT of weight to lose, and measurements sometimes can say more than weight...

Also a BMI  marker would be great! I think it would be motivating to get a badge or notification when you've lowered your BMI, or are no longer considered obese/overweight/underweight.... 

winni22t
Jogger

The BMI Index is included in the mobile App auf iPhone but not Receiver ball in the calculator auf the Android mobile app, why?

Perhaps it is better to buy an iPhone , than IT would be better to buy an Applewatch instead of the Fitbit watch?

Solved - The BMI is in the mobile App. I found it. 👍

JDeBlois
First Steps

I would love to see a place on the dashboard to log and keep track of body measurements. I think that is just as important as the number on the scale. Especially if you are adding muscle.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JDeBlois! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

LaurenLondon
Recovery Runner

Body measurements in the app are super important to me also. When I go to the gym/do weights a lot, my weight can actually go up - but my measurements may go down (so this means the BMI and weight measurements aren't the best to actually track progress). 

JDeBlois
First Steps
That's exactly why measurements are important to track, because weight can
go up a little if you're building muscle. I don't worry about BMI.
Moredanthat
First Steps

Came searching for answers on the ability to log measurements in the Fitbit app but looks like it still isn’t there despite being asked for over many years. Don’t understand why it’s not there as it’s a basic part of health and shouldn’t be hard to do. Am I missing something?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.