Able to log stride lengths for elliptical and treadmill workouts

The app should allow users to log thier strides and miles when they work out on an elliptical.  Some ellipticals do not have moving handles.  Since some people hang on to the bars on the treadmills, they should be able to log thier miles.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

9 Comments
MaryMac2
First Steps

Yes! I use a treadmill desk daily and since I'm using my computer my fitbit flex doesn't read my steps.  It would be great to be able to enter NUMBER OF STEPS when I add manually record my walking for the day instead of the amount of time/effort since it varies throughout the day.

Dudious
First Steps
Yes please add indoor function so all the location stuff is disabled , its so annoying that endomondo keeps saying GPS signal last when I'm indooor
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Great feedback! Thanks for posting! 

natv
Recovery Runner

Just to bump this up, same issue here mostly (I have a treadmill desk so my arms don't really move since they are on the desk on my mouse/keyboard)

If I wear the FitBit and also manually log the Treadmill there will be some double-counting, so need to be some solution to this.

marticrane
Stepping Up

I walk on the treadmill and outside, when on the treadmill it does not read the distance correctly. Can a treadmill walk be included. I would also like to see a bike activity with both stationary and outdoor biking.

GooseMan
Jogger

I'd like to bump this up again as it seems pretty straight forward to do. I'm on my elliptical most days and while I can add activity length and calories I can't add the steps so they don't appear in my tally for the day. Makes me look as if I'm slacking!!

Aaron7
Jogger

Yes, please add this feature for Treadmill, Elliptical and Stationary bikes.  If FitBit wants to be a true Fitness Tracker, and not just a step counter, it NEEDS this functionality.

bzucaro
First Steps

I'm sorry. This has been out here for over 3 years! There is no good reason why this cannot be programmed in. This makes me want to get rid of my fitbit, if the app cannot keep up with technology or user requests. Or even logical usage programming of the app.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.