Able to manually turn on/off Water Lock on Versa 3

Can we have the Water Lock option added to the Versa 3.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
13 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TrickyDee, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about including the water lock feature on the Versa 3 watch. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Guy_
Space Racer

The Versa 3 does have the water lock feature.

TrickyDee
Base Runner

Not according to any information I can find. I know it locks on a swim exercise, maybe you could explain how to turn on manually as I can't find any info.

Guy_
Space Racer

@TrickyDee-  start a swim exercise.

TrickyDee
Base Runner

As I said, I know you can start a swim exercise, what I'm asking for is a manual turn on for when the watch is going to get wet, but I'm not recording a swim exercise.

Guy_
Space Racer

@TrickyDee  -  are you able to edit your suggestion? If so, perhaps you could make it clear what it is exactly you are wanting and why.

Also have a look for other lock requests as this may be a duplicate of an existing idea and you can add your vote to them, it may carry more weight.

A more general lock system could be quite useful to avoid inadvertent changes.

SolarTara
First Steps

Please add a water lock & Palm sensor toggle. The palm sensor is the reason the watch comes on in the water even with the screen set to manual/button only  

Samsgirlracer
First Steps
I am unsure as to why this feature isn't available on the Versa 3 but available on other models of fitbit.
When I shower the timer app goes nuts with the water, I end up having to take it off or leave till dry then rest. Would be a handy feature for all fotbits
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Samsgirlracer, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to manually enable the water lock function on the Versa 3 with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

CharlieParker
Jogger

When I swim laps, I don't use the "swim" activity mode because it doesn't use GPS and therefore I can't synch the data to Strava. I use the "walking" activity to get around this issue and need a manual water lock function. Manual water lock would be useful all other times in water too - shower/bath and leisure swimming.

KitaCat
Jogger

Yes please. I don’t take hot showers yet somehow this thing is constantly turn on the voice assistant and screen during and I like to be able to track my heart rate at all times so I know which activities are raising it. Add to this that it sends my zone minutes skyrocketing just from crocheting. I’d really like to be able to use whatever motions it’s misreading to inform FitBit of the inaccuracy and make future models ‘smarter’. Or even be able to disable certain functions rather than remove the watch when it’s not otherwise necessary. But I’ll see if these concerns exist in other posts and add my vote to that. Because the food calculator is also pretty worthless so there’s plenty of room for improvement. One thing that stops me from getting premium is that some very basic missing features keep it from being worthwhile. I’d rather a feature not exist altogether than be poorly implemented. (Team up with MFP or something; their library’s accuracy is one of the best).

Omnomfish
First Steps

It goes NUTS whenever I shower, and I like to check my heart rate because showering makes me dizzy. Its one of the main reasons I got a FitBit actually.

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @Omnomfish - it is not recommended to wear a watch in the shower, the seals don't like hot water or detergents and will fail causing the watch to stop working.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.