Able to organize Fitbit Smartwatch app from Fitbit app

I'd like to arrange my apps from my phone. Just  let me see my ionics app pages on my phone. allow me to drag apps from on page to another. Let me create folders and label them. Then upon syncing the ionic, let it set the apps layout on my ionic. This was done with the iPhone a while back i believe.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label
4 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Foxmental you can currently reorganize positions of apps directly from the device. See this article on how:

HOW DO I REORDER APPS ON MY FITBIT WATCH?

Apps are shown in groups of 4 per screen on Ionic.

To change the placement of an app:

1. On your watch, swipe to the left until you see the app you want to move.
  2. Press and hold the app until it increases slightly in size.
  3. Drag the app to a new location.

Can you explain more about why you want to organize apps from your phone when you can do it from device, and why you want them in folders? Thanks

Foxmental
Recovery Runner

That would be organizing app layout on the ionic itself. What I would like to do is organize the app layout from my phone. Do you remember with the original iPhone & iPod touch you could from iTunes organize the app layout from within the iTunes desktop program? Drag apps from 1 of the devices pages to another only faster and on a larger screen. Then once you have the layout you like, hit sync. That's what is like to see please. Exactly what you said above but from my phone, tablet and desktop. And I strongly believe you'll have more apps in your store soon. I've been writing developers asking them to please develop for the ionic. App folders on the device would be a nice touch. Thanks and greatly appreciated 😊

Rich_Laue
Community Legend
That would be organizing app layout on the ionic itself. What I would like to do is organize the app layout from my phone.

And that is what your title "Allow me to organize apps on my ionic from my phone.". Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.