Able to return to previous Fitbit app version

Woke up this morning to your new app. To say the least I am not impressed. It lacks color and is boring and adds nothing new to what was there before. I absolutely hate it. I am a longtime Fitbit user but this might actually change that on next purchase.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
3,170 Comments
LakshmiD
First Steps
The new app update is very hard to read. With all the little colored dots, barely different colors, against the same white background as the rest of the screen. It’s illegible. Please bring back old app. Also, there’s no where that tells me how many moderate exercise minutes I have as distinguished from mild exercise minutes.
johnrdinicola
Base Runner
👍🏻
johnrdinicola
Base Runner
Sucks
grtruck
Recovery Runner

So, LizzyFitbit, any update? Any comments on all the negative feedback?

sleeprer
First Steps
The previous training page design was really thought through - it was distinct colour coding, icons when needed in order to save precious screen space and all together it worked in a way that the user could get all the needed information in a glance. without going into single workout and have a good overview.
toniinboston
Jogger

And now, the fitbit dashboard on my PC does not show the graph with the weekly summary - just a black screen.  I have tried it on three different browsers and it works the first time I bring it up then the next day, I am back to the black screen.  Strange and very frustrating.  Approaching 1330 consecutive days over 10K steps and my iphone shows 162 day streak - the date of my app update.  So sad about the lack of function and support.  Oh well.......  Have a good weekend everyone

Loribeee
First Steps

They're really ruining their app. Whoever thought of this new update needs to be fired. They're gonna lose a lot of fitbit users. Who thought it was so hard for them to just undo this update 

LeeAnnArizona19
Recovery Runner

I'm having the same issue on my PC (graph isn't showing - just a blank screen). I was able to see it on one browser (Brave). It definitely isn't working with Chrome and I even tried clearing the cache/cookies on that page. 

Tashsd78
First Steps

Totally agree, hating the new update all together. I used to love my Fitbit and data but not any more. 

At least give users a choice to revert back if they choose too. 

steve111
Recovery Runner
I have the same issue. each update makes things even worse than the one
that came before it.. they replaced the sleep scores with some hard to read
graph that contains little useful information. I had to click something
else to dig deeper to get the scores in each sleep category and it me
forever to find where the restoration score was- tiny little low contrast
font. I don't think to so-called new and improved app is an improvement at
all. when my versa 3 kicks the dust I will be going to different brand.
grtruck
Recovery Runner

Yes, suspect the point was to get the huge source of data and the app change was to move from the Fitbit platform to the Google cloud. Former Fitbit users are mere collateral and our voices are categorically not heard. Modern cloud services and limited oversight and competition to allow us to easily move between other services. (Has anyone successfully and easily moved years of data? 

--------------------

Suspect this sort of story in early Jan is part of it too..

The 2024 layoff season appears to have only begun, with Google cutting hundreds of employees across multiple divisions yesterday. 

News broke late Wednesday that Google employees were reportedly being erased from Google's core engineering group, the Google Assistant team and the devices and services team responsible for things like Pixel, Fitbit and Nest products. 

Google confirmed the layoffs to The Register”

grtruck
Recovery Runner

It’s about the ‘data’ said Eric Friedman, the Fitbit co-founder when asked about Fitbit in 2019. Google is a Big Data company. Sadly, we’re paying for the device on our wrists to capture it and feed the machine. The sad part is that compact with us has gone when Google took over. Suspect the bulk upload has happened. He talks about 90 billion hours of activity data in 2019! That’s a goldmine. Add in tracking data with GPS, sleep data, heart rate data. We are mere pawns….

----------------------

and slowly Google will and is stopping selling Fitbit products…

(their own website)
https://support.google.com/product-documentation/answer/13823068?hl=en#

Widdershins
Tempo Runner

@grtruck  About the further lay-off news, I would not be too surprised to hear in the near future that the code is written by A.I.

Marel66
Base Runner
No one likes the changes!!!! Most comments want to return to the original version, before you initiated changes which are not user friendly and are uninformative.
daearly125
Jogger
Please return to the old display to view sleep data, workouts, etc. This stripped-down design has no color contrast and is nearly impossible to read. I'm glad to see graphics brought back to hitting your fitness goals, but overall the app was so much better before these minimalist changes started.
Lyndiloo1234
First Steps

Poor development and looks like no customer testing.  What customer feedback drove this change? It's totally unusable and that's mainly what I use the app  for,  so if it does not change back will probably cancel subscription. 

ConGusto
First Steps

I totally agree with everyone who has issues with the new app interface. It used to be easy enough to use. Now it is impenetrable. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it! 

BitzBlitz
Recovery Runner

The new sleep graph is harder to read than the old one.

It provides no new information and delivers a lower quality user experience than the graph that users are already familiar with.

The vertical dashed lines add noise to the visual presentation, instead of indicating clear time points.  The previous multi-hued, solid bar graph was a better and clearer presentation of the same data.

From the “if it ain’t broke” department:
 This change should be reverted.

PL95821
First Steps

The changes to the Sleep app makes absolutely no sense and is useless.  Please fix it!!! Return to previous app as it worked well.

MissyMiss777
First Steps

I absolutely hate the new Fitbit format. I hate it with the fire of a thousand suns! What idiot decided that this new colourless, hard to read, user unfriendly format was better than the previous format? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! Prior to the Fitbit I had another watch that had a similar format to this new Fitbit format….i stopped wearing it because the Fitbit had a better format. I didn’t like the dashboard changes back in Oct 2023 but the sleep tracker was still okay I so I stayed with Fitbit. This morning I cancelled my Fitbit premium & I was due to update my Fitbit in next few months after having this one for 2 & a half years. No chance I’m getting Fitbit now. Looks like I’ll be trying something new. Goodbye Fitbit! 

iBen
First Steps

Fully agree.

it’s a mess and looks like a graphical interface from 90s. Please revert back to previous design at least for sleep usage tracker.

The benchmark is off too.

IGMM
First Steps

I fully agree with all the negative comments about the new sleep interface. Which new committee's bright idea was it to change it?  The old interface was user-friendly, easy to read on a small screen, compact, and fun (the fireworks !). The new one has all the charm and human touch of a medical report for medical personnel only. Please bring back the old interface! This type of unnecessary change is how you lose touch with your users over time.

misslia
First Steps

I agree with everyone. The new version is absolutely horrible to read and tracking my sleep and activities has become difficult. 
I also don’t like how you can’t change the activity log to the task you were doing. 
I hope the developers take all the comments and upvote and change it back. 

NavLady
First Steps

The new interface design is NOT an improvement.  As others have said, it’s harder to use, unpleasant to look at and not helpful.  Nice if it works better underneath, but please, lose the ugly!

wellbeing61
Jogger

I bought a Fitbit (Charge 6) 2 months ago because I use the app on my laptop because data visibility on a cell phone is difficult for me.  Whatever changes you've made in the past few days is making the app useless to me.  

Where did my dashboard disappear to for the desktop app??  It was the launch pad to everything.  And though my sleep log is being updated daily, my activity log hasn't updated in 2 days!  And apparently you can't change the name of the activity any more?  Whatever changes you've made in the last several days have made me want to ditch this device.  

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.