Able to share menstrual health tracking (eg. with doctor or spouse)

I think that it would be helpful if women could have the option to share this data with their Spouse. I know that you can share you step info but I would think it would be helpful if the spouse could tell what is going on with the person they have to put up with without having to ask or be told.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

10 Comments
LisaWil
First Steps

I am very excited to see the female health tracking added to fitbit! This is something I need to track, and I am terrible at it. I track for health reasons, not for fertility. Fitbit does a fantastic job keeping stats on my heart rate and sleep, but I was hoping to see the same kind of stats for the female health tracking. It would be a great help to a great number of women that need to report this type of information to their doctor. 

Moderator edit: Format.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LisaWil, thanks for sharing. It'd be great if you can edit your post adding the stats that you would like to share with your doctor and how, so other user can have all details and vote for it.

LisaWil
First Steps

Some women suffer complications from their menstrual cycle. I was lucky enough not to have issues until about 35. The more women I talk to, the more common it seems. In my case, I am not concerned about fertility. I simply want to improve my health and quality of life. The below stats are important to women suffering from ovulation pain, ovarian cysts and endometriosis (An estimated 200 million women worldwide are impacted by this disease, and an estimated 1 out of 10 women suffer in the United States, however many remain undiagnosed).

A few specific stats that would be helpful for me to share with my doctor:

1. Cramps - How often and when they happen during my cycle. 
  2. Spotting - How often and when it happens during my cycle.
  3. Flow - What my period looks like from month to month.
  4. Headache - Maybe there is a correlation between my migraines and my cycle. 

I am very excited about fitbit adding this tracking. However, tracking my symptoms is not useful if I cannot look back and see trends. I believe this could be a very useful tool for women's health if stats were available. Thank you.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks @lexygirl0! I'm sure this would be useful for lots of users. Thanks for sharing your idea and for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

rhysdjenkins
First Steps

What became of this idea?

I think it’s a really good one that should be looked into!

Vanamofra
First Steps

My partner doesn't have a fitbit. However it would be nice to be able to share my fertility data with him. I am off the pill. So if he could see this info he can be more involved in knowing when we have to be careful.

Moderator Edition: Updated title for clarity 

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea, sharing fertility data could be useful to a lot of couples so they can be careful too, thanks for sharing this suggestion @Vanamofra!  I hope it will get many votes. Robot Happy

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Vanamofra, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Hellokiki118
First Steps

One of the things I really liked about another female health tracking app was the ability to share the cycle calendar with your partner. This would be especially helpful for those trying to conceive. 

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Fitbit app. You can find more details here What should I know about my Fitbit Premium Wellness Report?

@lexygirl0, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!”

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.