Able to sync Fitbit device over Wi-Fi (not via phone)

Hi Devteam, I think it is a great idea to sync the fitbit Ionic over Wi-Fi. because a lot of mobile phones are not syncing or get connected with the fitbit watch. I use my workphone to sync all the time (samsung S7).

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

54 Comments
Matnaranjo
Jogger
It would be great if the versa 3 and sense syncs with wifi, for example, for controlling music, checking messages. Or even just with bluetooth, i don´t know why its important to sync with GPS (in much functions it isn´t necessary)
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Matnaranjo, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to sync the Versa 3 and Sense via Wi-Fi with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support, we'll keep tracking this request over time.

As a side note, take in mind that the Versa 3 and Sense have built-in GPS which allows you to track your activities without needing to have your phone nearby. You can learn more about this function in this help article. Keep adding your suggestions!

usher99
Base Runner
Unlike my Ionic my Sense is out of BT range from my phone in some parts of my house. My wife’s Apple Watch switched to wifi when that happens. As the Sense has wifi and is on same network as the phone this should be possible with a firmware change. It may use more power but can be made a user’s choice.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @usher99, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to sync Fitbit devices over Wi-Fi. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.