Access to breathing rate at any time

My suggestion is to to provide apps that readily give you exact readings at any given time for all sensors rather than have to wear the device the entire duration of the night. Specifically Temperature, Sp02, Blood Pressure, Ecg, Barometer. Many other watches have done this Fitbit should follow suit.

Moderator edit: Updated subject and label
20 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Baggins32, and thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exists on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here:

You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable, and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Mukarram
Jogger

I agree with @Baggins32 

pavfer
Recovery Runner

Does today's Fitbit API offer the access to the values of these 5 sensors at least for people who are willing to program to access themselves?

kcordiano
Base Runner

I agree too. I recently tried a Ticwatch GTH that has 24/7 and on demand Blood Oxygen and Skin Temperature. That watch is $79.99. I love the Fitbit since its a lot more accurate/advanced then the GTH, but having the option to view your skin temperate/blood oxygen on demand and 24/7 would really be a nice addition. 

ymx
Jogger

I strongly agree, it's actually ridiculous that we have to go through all of these app gymnastics just to get information that is constantly picked up by the sensors.

Can't see my temperature but I can see the variation during the night of skin temperature, are you kidding me? Interesting yes, but why shouldn't I also have access to my temperature at any given moment if I need to? It's not core temperature okay but it's still something.

Same issue with SpO2, especially during Covid-19 times, you're telling me I can only see it on ONE clock face that coincidentally I can't even download because either my app or versa isn't updated yet? And I can't even tell which one, as far as I know they're both updated but oh well I'll have to wait, so no SpO2 until then, despite paying for a smartwatch that has the sensor for it, and it's a premium feature to boot, so once the free premium trial is over not only I can't have direct access to ALL the stats my smartwatch can track, I even pay monthly only for them to be shown following some frustrating backwards logic.
Come on Fitbit.

Mukarram
Jogger

Other brands offer all these features with much lesser price then what's the point in buying fitbit. It's just like we are promoting the brand.

lazywong
Jogger

Agreed, it's surprising this these kind of features aren't available already. The sense would be a lot more useful if it had such features.

hydralien
Jogger

The way SpO2 is available now is quite useless IMO - I don't want to use a dedicated watchface to see it (and there's no app for Versa), and I don't find it very useful in the overnight format either. I get that for readings to be more accurate it requires being still for a bit, but that could be provided in a disclaimer in API docs so developers would consider it when using measurements. 

b22c
Jogger

I dont understand why we cant see a real time sp02 data... I have a watch with a sp02 sensor and i have to buy another device to see the instant sp02? 

unnisathya92
First Steps

@YojanaFitbit Any Idea on when would this get picked up? we are waiting for almost two years now 😕

Agree.    There are already so many disclaimers about how we interpret any of the stats. So why not let us see the readings.

Just feels like out all these sensors in and can gather all of our data, but only let us see an overnight average once each morning.

Send to be behind what other apps are offering

TenaranJon
First Steps

Just bought this watch specifically for heart rate and SpO2 readings, and I am very confused as to why the latter seems only to be available at night!  I want to be able to see these now, I want reassurance that my oxygen levels aren't off. I want to be able to extract a record for the entire time I'm wearing the watch of both, it's clearly sampling heart rate every second so....

FireGeth
Jogger

There seems no reason not to have this feature activated. 

The only reason I can think of, is if they are using other sensors to perform other jobs and this is why it takes so long to collect data.

For example, using the cpu's internal temperature, overtime one could see variations in skin temperature by comparing the CPU's temperature. Perhaps this is taken at night when the watch is less active, and therefore the results will be more controlled. This could explain why the watch doesn't give an actual reading, but rather a baseline and variations.

The Sp02 reading could be running off the heart sensor. Sp02 sensors work by sensing the amount of light absorbed by the blood. Again, there is no actual reading, just the baseline and the variation.

Hopefully I'm wrong, and there are dedicated sensors for sp02 & heart rate, but I'm willing to bet money that they are doubling up other sensors for different jobs. 

My2Sense
Jogger

YES - real-time access to HRV would be great too. I know that it may be the wrong place to report this, but more often than not I get "UNABLE TO DETECT" for HRV in the EDA on my Sense. 

suhailn
Jogger
Temperature and oxygen measurements is needed
Status changed to: Needs More Info
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @suhailn. Thank you for sharing your Feature Suggestion with the Fitbit Community. Let me share most of our Fitbit device can track SpO2 and skin temperature data while you sleep. To confirm what Fitbit devices support these features, let me recommend this help article.

If you'd like to see this implemented in another Fitbit device, or you meant something different, please reply with more detail or specifics on how this idea would work. This will help us to understand this idea better. We look forward to your response.

suhailn
Jogger

not when in sleep , when we wish , we should be able to measure this.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @suhailn, and thanks for taking the time to clarify these suggestions with us. We wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here where you can add your vote to this existing suggestion:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Avalon1969
First Steps
What I find surprising is that even though my Fitbit 5 has the technology to record my breathing rate my skin temperature and my SP02, none of this is utilised when I am doing any exercise 🤔. This I find surprising considering I am putting my body through much more stress than when I am sleeping.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Avalon1969, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.