Ace for kids-Chores

Please implement chores for Ace.  It would be nice for kids to not only track and meet their exercise goals, but kids also love getting rewarded for the things they do, why not chores? 

12 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

TraceyL1
Jogger

Totally agree, it would be great to keep kids accountable with their daily chores. Would love a far more interactive child friendly experience for them.

Tnert
Jogger

Chores is the kind of feature that determines whether you buy a fitbit or a garmin... 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

jennablaze
Recovery Runner

I was looking through some YouTube videos and articles about fitness trackers and kids health. I noticed in one of the videos it shows another brand of Fitness Tracker aimed at kids, where the parents could set up various chores and tasks and the kids recieve digital rewards and points.

Fitbit is already taking steps towards other aspects of health and I thought this might be not only a fun feature to add for the kids, but useful for parents as well. Why not take things another step forward fitbit?! 

Nerida
First Steps

I have just purchased my son the FitBit Ace for 6+ year olds.  He chose this because we all have a Fitbit.  I'm disappointed though that you can't easily add chores etc to his Fitbit to do.  This is why many parents buy the Garmin but I didn't want him to be the 'norm'.  Please make this a feature ASAP.  Not sure why you wouldn't when it's aimed at kids!  Steps is important, but so to are chores or tasks.  Thanks

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Nerida, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Fitbit Ace. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

EMC14
First Steps
Adding kids chores to all kids watches instead of only activities.
Example : 5 open slot option for parents to add the name of the chore and they have to start , and track how long it takes to complete.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @EMC14, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add kids chores to all kids trackers instead of only activities. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

TaniaRyl
Strider
tracker for kids: planning and completing tasks during the day

the parent will be able to control the child's tasks during the day
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TaniaRyl, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding on Fitbit Ace the option plan and complete tasks during the day. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Njmoran
First Steps
Ability to set chores for kids using Ace 3 and reward them with virtual coins.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.