Add “Angry/irritable” to emotion options Menstrual Health Tracker

Can we please add “angry” or “irritable” option in the female health tracker under the emotions section?  I’m a little amazed we can choose “energized” or “happy” but the most commonly occurring symptom of pms “irritability” is not there. As it is, I currently use a “code” combination of “anxious” and “stressed” which is my way of reporting irritability. Can we add anger please? Or some kind of euphemism?

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

14 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MaileB, this is a great suggestion.  We are expecting a lot of support to this idea. Keep sharing your suggestions.

Vbrown7
First Steps

I can’t be the only one who feels this emotion and I would like to track it within the context of my cycle. I also can’t believe it left design without this obvious emotion icon. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Vbrown7 , thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Mygloba
First Steps

I agree there needs to be better range if emotions and symptoms within the female health tracker

@MaileB wrote:

Can we please add “angry” or “irritable” option in the female health tracker under the emotions section?  I’m a little amazed we can choose “energized” or “happy” but the most commonly occurring symptom of pms “irritability” is not there. As it is, I currently use a “code” combination of “anxious” and “stressed” which is my way of reporting irritability. Can we add anger please? Or some kind of euphemism?

Midwestgirl80
Jogger

Yes, can this please be added!! Can’t believe it’s not already. 

LisaStysh
First Steps

Add “irritable” to the mood list in the female tracking app.  I don’t know a single woman who doesn’t feel irritable during their cycle.  It would help to log that data.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LisaStysh! Great suggestion. I've moved it into a similar request. You can also vote for this one too.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

krjoyner56
First Steps

Yes please!

Avlisan
Jogger

"Angry" is as basic as "happy" and "sad", but the closest option available to "angry" is "stressed". "Angry" and "stressed" are not the same thing. If someone is "stressed" they're not necessarily "angry", and if someone someone is actually "angry" they're not going to want to settle for "stressed", furthermore, the lack of the option altogether can be frustrating. It's a natural and normal human emotion and a common feeling during a woman's menstrual time. It's also not a bad or negative word, and it's healthy and helpful to acknowledge this emotion and to be able to express it in healthy ways. Thank you.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Avlisan! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar request. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

alepuntocom
First Steps

PLEASE, acknowledge this COMMON mood during a woman's menstrual cycle - ADD THE OPTION of 'angry/irritable' to the list. Thanks!

Jillhely
First Steps

Why is one of the most basic emotions missing from mood tracker? Please research the psychology of the basic emotions and add angry/irritable. It is not only psychologically inaccurate but also a bit of a feminist issue with many women feeling like we are not allowed to feel angry (to the point where it’s not even an option on this tracker!). Irritability is a major symptom of PMS and is not the same as stressed, which I’m guessing is there to cover anger? 

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on Female Health Tracking. You can find more details here.

@MaileB, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!”

KT37
First Steps

Wait, I’m confused. Many women including a psychologist asked for the mood ANGRY and you gave us annoyed in 2019?? C’mon! Are your developers cis males? Let womxn be angry! And irritated! Why is there still not a mood called ANGRY for people who have periods? How do we get this added? I want to log my mood as ANGRY right now but I guess I have to settle for your dev approved “annoyed” 🙄

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.