Add Barclays UK to Google Wallet banks list

Please add Barclays UK to fitbit Google Wallet on Sense 2. I can use my Barclays debit card with the Google Wallet App but I cannot add it to my watch as it is not supported apparently. Please fix that.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

8 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Rad-uk, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Barclays UK to the Google Wallet supported banks list with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

DaveS76
Jogger

Barclays uk should be a standard bank on the Google wallet. So many banks yet nothing for one of the biggest banks in the uk? 

JamesTMW
Jogger

It's disappointing to discover that I can't use my Barclays debit card through Google Wallet on my Charge 6, when it already works through my phone. It seems crazy that one of the largest banks in the UK isn't supported.

Kerry_S1988
Jogger

Totally agree, stupidly upgraded my Fitbit sense to charge 6 thinking I could use my Google wallet now its taken over by Google but no, despite being able to use a Barclays card from.my Google wallet on my phone it still won't work on my Fitbit, extremely annoying and will be returning my fitbit to buy a smart watch which actually supports one of the most popular UK banks 

Mike-stow
First Steps

This is totally disgusting I can’t believe the audacity that Fitbit has. I now need to reach behind my bum and get my bank card out my wallet. That’s the equivalent of like 2 steps I could have gained in competing in Fitbit challenges with my friends … oh wait Fitbit removed that feature because it was too much fun. Now I’m left with a watch that’s only good for its main purpose of telling the time. Absolutely pointless! 

Sunderland1
Stepping Up

Hi, would you be able to confirm if it is a bug on the software for the sense 2, as other people have mentioned if you are using your phone debit and credit cards seem quite happy to work just not on the sense 2. Is there any work around as you advertise as working with the new smart watches but kind of doesn’t which is a very big let down.

Rad-uk
First Steps

Hi everyone, apparently since I posted this topic and stated this particular drawback - looks like that no work has been done by Fitbit so far. My question to the Moderators is how many more votes do I have to collect in order to bring your attention to this matter. Just to answer to Sunderland - it is not a software bug with Sense 2, it is simply a list of banks that Fitbit accepts to add to Google wallet. The phone app Google Wallet is completely different story - in there almost every bank works and could be added. Shame that the biggest UK banks and their millions of customers cannot use this 21 century contactless service. And shamefully the moderators have the silly task to count votes when there are millions of customers choosing different brands of watches for better convenience. Such a shame Fitbit. 

JohnKHull
First Steps

Hi

How many times does this need to be requested, before it happens? 😕

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.