Add EKG to future watches

Now that Apple has proven the ability to add EKG to a main stream wearable it would be great if that were an option in future Fitbit watches. Those of us who love Android devices and keeping everything within the Fitbit app, would find great benefit to the addition of EKG sensors in future watches. 

59 Comments
Dutch44
Jogger
I agree that this is a MUST if Fitbit wants to compete with other watches
derekmski101
Base Runner

Not sure why Fitbit doesn't already have this seeing as they are the health tracker pros.  They will be behind the Apple Watch until they add ECG to the Versa and Ionic.

Dutch44
Jogger

I read that Fitbit has FibriCheck available in Europe.  Why not here? I tried the FibriCheck app but had to put my location as United Kingdom.  It showed my husband's afib and gave a picture of his heart rhythm.   Maybe Google can speed things up!!!

lalopez42
Jogger

How is this not a standard feature?  What is the point of buying a watch specificly to monitor your heart rate if it cannot do this?  That is like selling a car, but not including tires.

Dutch44
Jogger
I agree with you. Fitbit does have this feature in Europe with
Fibricheck. I emailed the ekg provider Fibricheck and told them we hope it
gets here to the US soon. My husband tried it and it works great. We had
to sign in to Fibricheck and say that we were in Europe.
20sharon
Stepping Up

I started with the fitbit with my friends. I only cared about steps at that point. A few years after, my heart went into a-flutter and a-fib. I notice the fitbit does fine until the heart is over 150. My friends have switch to an Apple. They are encouraging me to switch now that Apple has Ecg ability. I wish the fitbit could do the same or have develop something similar. I like my fitbit, but I know the heart rate is not accurate for me. Apple is pulling ahead with new ideas and product. I wish it would have an alarm for when your heart rate goes too high. Thank you.  

Kayles77
First Steps
It looks like Samsung's Galaxy watch will have this feature in the near
future. The technology is there, Fitbit just need to keep up.
Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on our newest Fitbit Sense. You can find more details here.

@Stew11b, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

Kayles77
First Steps
ECG has not yet been approved by the FDA in the US and is not available yet
in other countries. You're a bit ahead of yourself.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.