Add Hidrate Spark app

I noticed that Hidrate Spark (a water consumption tracker) is not on your integrated apps list. The Hidrate Spark app uses Bluetooth to sync with their patented water bottle to automatically track how many ounces of water a day are consumed. (Can also be used by manually entering ounces consumed from other bottles.) It would be great to be able to integrate one’s activity level which is recorded on the Fitbit with their water intake which is recorded with the Hidrate app. 

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion @Abrush. This integration sounds interesting in order to keep track of water consumption. Thanks for sharing it!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly!

Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

inharmony222
Jogger

I'm a little frustrated. I assume it's more on Hidrate Spark because they did not reach out to integrate. But they make claims that their smart water bottle syncs with Fitbit. I purchased both a new Fitbit and a Hidrate spark water bottle for Christmas as part of an overall attempt to create some new healthy habits in the new year. I'm very disappointed that the Hidrate bottle doesn't communicate better! Currently I can't get it to work at all with Fitbit 😞 

I hope you will consider making it an integrated approved app or whatever needs to happen, so they can communicate better! I would love to receive reminders right on my watch when I'm behind on water intake!

If you ever make option available for the hydrate spark bottle integrate with Fitbit please let me know

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that the integration between Fitbit and the Hidrate Spark app has been released. You can find more details here.

@Abrush, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.