Add Hockey to the Exercise shortcuts list

Add an exercise mode for hockey or skating and make it so touch is disabled.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

25 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Slyfox11, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Hockey to the exercise shortcuts list with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQsYou might also be interested in this other suggestion.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Habashee
First Steps

Why has there been no progress ?

Please update its simple change to add an activity when you have so many.

I really like my Fitbit Versa 2 but if my friends are able to track their skating on other watches, my Fitbit will have to become redundant.

katdiaz2011
Jogger

I love this idea and would love to have this feature - i play ice hockey and would love to track how i do each time on the ice. the apple watch has a hockey tracker that tracks calories, distance skated, max speed, hr recovery, max hr, average hr, vo2 max hockey fitness level, skate efficiency. i'm getting back on the ice after breaking my leg and would really love to see how i improve. The only way i get some kind of tracking now is to use "workout" but i've noticed at times it's paused so i second the "touch is disabled". 

Kimmylou_82
First Steps

Would be really nice to have hockey or dek hockey (which is really popular now) I also play softball, would be nice to get something for that too. Even something really basic would work for me

PCG75
First Steps

I think Fitbit should seriously consider adding hockey as an activity. It's a very popular sport. I don't understand why it's still not done; it's been over a year since Slyfox11 made the initial request.

Kman16
First Steps

Yes please add hockey.  Buy in lieu of that which mode is best substitute

Casey7
First Steps

Yes hockey and skating please ! 

Trombles
First Steps

Still on the look out for that Hockey activity.  

Calidudejb
First Steps

Please add hockey category I play twice a week and now use running and change category manually all time which is a hassle would be great to have it automatically detect it. 
thanks

James

Bullzeye20
First Steps

Yo Fitbit let's go. Get to work and give us a hockey tracker. Gps, track my speed and distance.

nosmowned
First Steps

Yep, this is a disappointment it's not added. Simple enough. 

philm00x
First Steps

Please add hockey to exercise list. I'm a goalie, so I don't move constantly enough for auto detection, but I definitely get enough activity in short spurts.

Chalisimo
First Steps

Please add ice hockey! I would love to know how much I improve as the weeks go by. 

mhenry2025
First Steps

Yes, please add hockey exercise. I play 2 to 4 games a week so this would be very helpful in tracking my fitness. 

cRage
First Steps

Please add hockey to the list. 

Noahld97
First Steps

I see this was reviewed over 2 years ago. Are there any updates on when hockey may be added as a workout?

noam_syrkin
First Steps

Is there an update about hockey as a listed activity/exercise?

aelms
First Steps

Please add ice hockey. Years since the original suggestion.

Kujjiman
Jogger

"If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit."

It has been two-plus years since this was originally brought up. I don't know a lot about how to program but let's get the ball rolling here...

A basic starting place would be simply duplicating the "running function" and adding the "waterlock" function over top of it, so the gloves don't turn pause the workout mid game. The running function has a GPS tracking which can easily be used to track distance skated, I'm not sure why that would be important but people love metrics. The running function also has a HR monitor, great for your "cardio" and "fat burn" zones, as well as the "zone minutes."

Let's take it a step further than simply cloning the running mode, adding a waterlock, and calling it "Hockey mode." If you want to track strides, have a setup function first. A standard North American hockey rink is 570 foot perimeter. During the setup they would skate at a normal pace for one lap and I'm sure there's a calculation that can be made for stride length over distance. Once that number is calculated, having the gps function track distance, it would be very easy to calculate strides in a hockey game.

But let's just start with a running function with a waterlock over top so I can actually track a hockey workout. 

NickelCitySaint
First Steps
Make a tracker that can track my hockey fitness
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @NickelCitySaint, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to track your hockey activities from the Exercise app with us. I noticed this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

vlado4
First Steps

Please add hockey, I play and want to use this on my Google pixel watch.

Not impressed with the response from the development team ...

GigabugR
First Steps

Please add hockey to the list.

Benoit.Martin
First Steps

It would be really awesome to be able to track my hockey activities; I play ice hockey and deck hockey. Is it complex to do this with the watch? Thanks in advance!!!

A_Playoff_Beard
First Steps

There's a world of ice hockey players out there and this is one feature where the Apple watch absolutely surpasses the alternatives. Hockey tracking would be a step in the right direction. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.