Add Hot Yoga (power, sculpt, bikram, Pure Barre)

May hot yoga (power, sculp, bikram) be added within active minutes please!? Currently there is only hatha yoga. Right now I'm using the work around of adding it to MyFitnessPal to add those active minutes (calories burned) to sync with my fitbit. I'd prefer all activity be within my FitBit 🙂 Thank you in advance! 

Moderator Edit: Title for clarity and added labels.

92 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
Ezarro
First Steps

Hello,

I take Barre 7 days a week and would love to be able to track it as Barre and not Pilates.

I know the Charge2 has it, if you could add it to the Versa that would be wonderful!

MommyJ
First Steps

Please add more types of yoga to your exercise choices.  Bikram, and other hot yogas, plus yoga sculpt, and other more intense varieties, burn significantly more calories than the generic yoga you list on you app. Makes difficult to accurately track calories burned without accurate choices.

akeameg
First Steps

Hi, 

I would like to suggest the addition of a barre workout option and I honestly cannot believe there isn't one yet. It is such a popular workout and the new app update makes it so that the workout function is inefficient and records pace when you're doing stationary exercises like barre or pilates. Either that function needs to be fixed or barre should be added.

JDeCola
First Steps

I take a variety of yoga classes, all with varying levels of calorie burn - but there’s only one option for yoga. It would be great if we had Bikram or hot, vinyasa, power core, yin, etc to differentiate and more accurately track calorie burn and activity level. 

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @JDeCola ! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

anasdm
Jogger

Please add Barre as a workout option.

MissLinz
First Steps

Calories Burned by Yoga Style (calculator)

I do Bikram Yoga and when I log the exercise using the app I feel cheated. I’ve fished out my old polar heart rate monitor because it’s more accurate... I was a die hard polar user until the Charge HR (my first Fitbit). I hate having to wear the chest strap but when I log it as yoga it with my Fitbit (Charge 3) it tells me I burned less calories than if I don’t log the workout at all or if I say I’m doing a different kind of exercise. Not cool. Especially when I’m busting my bottom in a 104° room for 50 or 90 minutes. My yoga is cardio. 

I used to not wear my Fitbit during class because it wasn’t water resistant so it stinks to have all these new features only to have to not have accurate expenditure references 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MissLinz, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

With so many Fitbit users asking for a way to track barre classes as an "Exercise" - for me on my Fitbit inspire hr, please add it as an option.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

mdwiernik
Jogger

I see several have requested the addition a barre class to the exercise choices, and wanted to add my vote for this.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mdwiernik, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Jessicapadron
First Steps
There is only a short list of exercises offered. Barre and resistance band training are not amongst them. With the rise of people working out at home using other types of workouts it would be nice to be able to properly log and track our exercises and calories burned.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jessicapadron, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add Barres and resistance training to the exercise list on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Gina_I
Jogger
I have the Sense fitbit. It does not have barre listed as a regular exercise. I would love for it to be added.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Gina_I, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add Barre as an exercise shortcut. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.