Add Lloyds bank to UK Fitbit pay

More bank compatibility for uk Fitbit pay versa users. So far Fitbit pay is not connected to any major banks in the UK. The very few that fit bit pay is connected to I’ve never even heard of. So as a UK versa owner I have the special edition and can’t use the very feature that separates it from the the normal versa.

is Fitbit pay going to compatible with the major banks in the UK like Barclays, Lloyds, Santander, HSBC, NatWest, TSB, Metro Bank, Halifax, Royal Bank of Scotland etc and also I haven’t seen any where (shops) that accepts Fitbit pay yet.  

Moderator Edition: Labels and format

Moderator Edition Jan 14th 2019: Retitled to focus on Lloyds Bank in particular rather than all UK banks. Updated thread with links to multiple individual UK banks.

595 Comments
Meleelord
First Steps

Add Nationwide please. 

Phill579
First Steps

Hi, 

I was very dissapointed when I was unable to use any of my banks for my Fitbit due to the very limited support. I felt very misold as it was a key feature for me.

Please add many of the Top UK banks including LLoyds, Tesco, HSBC etc...

GutherS
First Steps

Yes please add Nationwide Bank UK to fitbit pay.  This is why i upgraded to versa and i feel duped. 

Ocathain123
First Steps
I agree
cameelah
First Steps

I agree, I need Lloyds and Barclays ASAP

@lexi83 wrote:

More bank compatibility for uk Fitbit pay versa users. So far Fitbit pay is not connected to any major banks in the UK. The very few that fit bit pay is connected to I’ve never even heard of. So as a UK versa owner I have the special edition and can’t use the very feature that separates it from the the normal versa.

is Fitbit pay going to compatible with the major banks in the UK like Barclays, Lloyds, Santander, HSBC, NatWest, TSB, Metro Bank, Halifax, Royal Bank of Scotland etc and also I haven’t seen any where (shops) that accepts Fitbit pay yet.  

Moderator Edition Labels

Tiggy2000
First Steps

New to this community and Fitbit.

Also extremely annoyed on the lack of UK banks available on Fitbit Pay.

My biggest disappointment is the lack of response from Fitbit, is this just contempt or is it only the US market that is important to them.

Very poor customer service.

Ocathain123
First Steps
Seems only the US is important.
The bank pay is useless in the ik wothout banl support like apple or
samsung.
Alll for musoc fitbit only offered pandora for music the most popular in
the us and then Deezer the next but in EU and Uk/Ireland the most popular
music streaming is Spotify. Apple and garmin and samsung can offer it but
not fitbit.
Obviously fitbjt never read the community forum pages as this thread has
been going for ages. Should fitbit be honest and so they will not support
pay in the uk and as compensation for mis selling this function to us uk
and eu users they will offer a refund or a money back or send us a free
extra watch strap or something
MDC623
First Steps

Just bought Ionic today - gutted by lack of UK banks.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I got the Versa limited edition so I could use Fitbit pay as I don’t have an iPhone so can’t have an Apple Watch s o was disappointed to find that nationwide was not one of the supported banks.

Randy4
Jogger

I see that Santander has been added! Finally a step in the right direction but we still want Halifax. I’m bored of waiting now for this simple feature I’m tempted to leave the fitbit brand now and move on to something with better digital pay support

Xara
Stepping Up

Having had both the ionic and then the versa when they was released in the UK I have waited patiently to have more major UK banks supported on the fitbit pay function. Would live to see my main bank here Natwest and all the other major UK banks! I am so in love with my versa and it really would be the icing on the cake to get people's banks supported for fitbit pay!

Ocathain123
First Steps
Absolutely agree. Do not hold your breath. Fitbit never respond or even
read comments on this forum as they only care about the US market
HarryRandles
First Steps

I upgraded from a Blaze to a Versa with Fitbit pay being one of the big upgrades. The watch is great but more UK banks need to be added ASAP especially Nationwide for me!

Kaladon
First Steps

One of the reasons i bought an Ionic was the option for the wallet and now i find out none of the top 10 banks according tot he CFI are supported. Feels like I've been missold on that feature to be honest 😞

KiwiMike
Recovery Runner
I certainly would like to see more banks onboard in Australia especially AMEX

Sent from my iPad
Seasider34
First Steps

I recently (July 2018) contacted Nationwide regarding contactless payment facility on the Fitbit Ionic, this is their reply:

"It's great to learn that you would like to see the contactless payment facility on your Fitbit Ionic. I understand how useful this would be and think it's a great suggestion.

Whilst we haven't been made aware that this facility is going to be introduced in the near future, I have passed your comments onto our website team, who are continually reviewing and improving our online services. We welcome feedback from our customers and when changes are made in the future, this will be taken into consideration"

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

GutherS
First Steps
Thank you for your efforts.  Much appreciated 

Sharon
Aaron_escott
First Steps

Very fustrated I've had three fitbits in the past and I have enjoyed every single moment. I seen the advert on tv for the Versa and thought brilliant it has fitbit pay so I bought it!! Now it seems I've wasted all this money for a high tech fitbit I can't even use the one thing I wanted the most because I'm with Barkleys bank 

Ocathain123
First Steps
Totally agree. I felt cheated too. I complained over a year ago and all
fell on hesr ears. This forum is not answered by fitbut. They just ignore.
I think fitbit should compensate us for the blatant misleading adverts for
fitbit pay and wallet. At the very least they could fob us off with some
free assessory like earphones or watch straps if not cash.

Like you i gave up my old fitbit surge becuase i wanted the payment
function which i found out after buting only only a few of the less popular
uk banks and not my one.

We deserve better
Paul
KiwiMike
Recovery Runner
Hi,
Yes it’s frustrating' I bought the Versa for the same reason after owning three Fitbit’s, first it was issues with notifications now it’s the lack of bank compatibility in Australia not even Amex is available very disappointing to say the least ....
Mike

Sent from my iPad
AmyHowe1
Jogger

Please make agreements with more banks regarding the Wallet App so people who bank with places like Nationwide can use the feature!!!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AmyHowe1, thanks for sharing this idea. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

garybrimson
Jogger

paypal if not been suggested, apologies if already has

JoJoBown
First Steps

Definitely need more UK banks added. I can't actually believe that agreements have not be already set up with the top UK banks, they all have the capability to accept contactless payments through various apps on phones. HSBC and Barclaycard a priority for me

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.