Add Outdoor Workout to Exercise app

The Outdoor Workout exercise shortcut was released with the Charge 4. It wasn't added to the exercise shortcuts with the Ionic/Versa family firmware update. It is only available on the Charge 4. It is shortsighted to leave this off the Ionic/Versa family.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

27 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LZeeW. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Outdoor Workout to the Exercise shortcuts list of our Fitbit Smartwatches. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

sallyf425
Jogger

I also would like kayaking added to the Versa2.  I recently started kayaking and want to keep track of distance, calories burned and heart rate

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

The Outdoor Workout needs to be on the Versa 3 and Sense, too.

Windyn
First Steps

Kayaking OC1 canoe paddling. I too need an Outdoor App on the versa 2 for this 3-4 days a week exercise, Please?

Etheshuffler
Base Runner

I'd also like to see a GPS enabled outdoor workout app on the Versa three - one that worked for open water swimming.

MelvinL
Recovery Runner

Recently bought the Fitbit Sense, and disappointed that it does not have the Outdoor Workout mode to track distance and route for outdoor activities like Kayaking and Stand Up Paddling. The Fitbit Sense is suppose to be the latest and most advance device by Fitbit, but it does not have this feature? 

Also, please allow us to customise the name of the outdoor activity, at least in the phone app, to reflect the activity we did. Accurate calorie count is not really that important, we just want to track time, distance, and map of route.

Windyn
First Steps
Agreed!!! Please

Get Outlook for iOS
Windyn
First Steps

I too paddle outrigger canoe and workout using this exercise 3x a week.  Can you please add it to the Versa 2??  PLEASE

Windyn
First Steps

i see many people asking for an outdoor paddle option.  Kayaking, paddling, dragon boats are similar exercises using the full body exerting energy, using cardio and building muscle.  Can you please accommodate all of us by adding an option for this activity?

Swimnut58
Jogger

I’d like to track my open water swimming, using the gps.

Miescha
First Steps

Please add outdoor activity to the Sense. I had it for the Charge 4 and used it for cross country skiing.  I am super disappointed to upgrade to the sense and lose this feature.  Please add it for all devices!!!!! 

Firess
Jogger

Please add outdoor activity to the Sense. I predominantly use my watch for equestrian activities and it's useless to me without this simple feature.

MelvinL
Recovery Runner

Hi Fitbit, it has been quite a long while since the Charge4 was released with the "Outdoor Workout" mode to allow us to track the distance and map of other outdoor activities. When is this feature coming to the Fitbit Sense? Is there a reason why is this feature only available on the Charge4, and not on higher end models like the Sense?

Onyx1303
Jogger

Please add an outdoor option to the swimming exercise. Really disappointed that this isn’t a basic option.

MelanieDoug
Jogger

Please add this to the Sense. Add it to any water-resistant product. Why should we have to go to another device for this? 

MelanieDoug
Jogger

Why does this show me as "jogger"? I want the Kayak paddle app added to the Sense, and to all water-resistant Fitbit devices for those of us who are not joggers. 

GypsyGirl99
Walker

Yes please!! Add outdoor activity to the Sense…I have been a kayaker for many years and would use this addition daily!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I'd also like to see a GPS enabled outdoor workout app on the Versa three - one that worked for open water swimming, SUP boarding and Kayaking.

Crunchyhips
First Steps

Come on Fitbit - please can we have this feature?  I would use it for open water swimming.  I want to get a Versa 3 but I'm disappointed to find that the GPS option would not work when outdoor swimming.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I find it very frustrating as it seems that the 1st time I swam with my Versa 3 it did record my swim, see attached screen shot and thus it appears to be possible with the Versa 3 & the distance was close to what I swam (20 other people in the water with me). I have not been able to repeat this again & any attempt to use the swim function (lengths) outdoors results in quite frankly a ridiculous and inaccurate distance being recorded.

Fitbit, I am calling you guys out here to get it together and at least respond as to why it is not possible. Or I can of course just move to another platform just to get this function. It seams like you guys are just holding back on as it looks like it is possible on this OS...….

Screenshot_20210809-141627_Fitbit.jpg
312 KB

PiperPizza
First Steps

I would love to see this feature added to my Versa 3. I kayak all summer and cross country ski all winter. Had I known this wasn't a feature option I likely would have purchased a different watch.

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

Fitbit put this shortcut on the Luxe and it looks like it is on the Charge 5, too.  Please, oh, please, add it to the Sense/Versa series/Ionic.

abuenor
First Steps

In Versa 3, I suggest to consider in the exercise option to have the skiing, specially for downhill ski.

Fran-T
Jogger

I too am very disappointed. I paid big dollars for the Sense and it does not do outdoor tracking such as kayaking.  You would think this would be added. I came from Garmin and there are alot more choices.

Bummer

scottgem
First Steps

I just checked and my Sense (purchased about 2 months ago) has the Outdoor workout option. But I would still prefer a specific Kayaking option.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.