Add Pickleball to the Exercise app

Would be great if Pickleball was added as an activity.

Thanks,

NovaJim

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

92 Comments
Rweleman
First Steps

Hi htere,

I do twice to 3 times a week Pickle Ball (http://www.usapa.org/what-is-pickleball/) for 3 or more hours.

Would really like to see this also added to the Sports in Fitbits Sports on my Surge.

Don't know how difficult this would be to add as sports, but This is like a tennis on half of the court and or the same court of Badmingthon.

Regards,

Richard Werleman

Aruba

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Pickleball, looks like a lot of fun! Must be quite difficult to get the hang of it. This could be a great addition to the activity log on the Dashboard. I appreciate you sharing your request!

clydemorris
First Steps

I play pickleball twice a week for 2-3 hours with at least 25 others using the courts at the same time. Seems like there would be lots of us who would like to see pickleball added to the list of activities so we can log this activity with the correct calorie count.

wilef
Base Runner

Was sad to see generic 'sport' listed when playing Pickleball. Please add it to the activity list!!!

Activelori
First Steps

Are there plans to add pickleball to the activities.  Seems to be getting very popular and will be growing as more people try it.

Renurb
Jogger
Yes..add pickleball please.
Renurb
CatieL
First Steps
Would love for Pickleball to be added! We play 3-4 times a week and would like to properly track it!! Thank you!!
BabsB
First Steps
I, too, play Pickleball 2-3 times a week and would like to accurately track it. Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in America, according to WNBC News. The US Pickleball Assiciation estimates 40,000+ players worldwide. There must be thousands of Fitbit wearers among all those Pickleball players. Please add Pickleball to your exercise tracker. Thank you!
Nosemein
First Steps
Would love to have Pickleball as a tracking option. Currently using tennis which is close but Pickleball is everywhere now. 🙂
Renurb
Jogger
I don't think they are listening to us. Maybe we should find a fitness tracker that had pickleball listed as an activity. This is ridiculous and I've written to fitbit a couple of times with no results!!!! Shame on you Fitbit!!!
NovaJim
First Steps
Agreed – it is ridiculous.
Renurb
Jogger
I've been told to track it as an activity by fitbit but that's too complicated.....I'll try to track it next time I play and let you all know how it turns out.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Just started playing last week. A great game and I get around 8000 steps or so in a couple of hours of playing. Tennis, squash, racquetball and badminton are all listed. Time to get pickleball up there Fitbit.

Nosemein
First Steps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmYF67dqNaQ

It is the fastest growing sport in America!  Thanks for considering Fitbit!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I was thrilled to see that Pickleball has now been added as an activity. Thanks for listening Fitbit!

BabsB
First Steps
I tapped on Track Exercise and wanted to Log pickleball but it did not come up as an activity. How and where did you find /add it?

Sent from my iPhone
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I just went to categorize activity and typed p in the search for exercise
type and it came up in the list:
Pilates
Polo
Pickleball
Water Polo
This is what came up in my list.
I did it on my iPhone but I found it on my computer on my dashboard.

Tim
BabsB
First Steps
I don't see "categorize activity" on the dashboard on my iPhone app. Only "track exercise." Where did you find it?

Sent from my iPhone
Activelori
First Steps
Go to track activity then log, then type in pickleball. Then you can put in how long you played and calculate calories burned.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
In the app (not the website) if you tap track exercise the list of you
activities comes up. Tap an activity and you get a detailed analysis of
that activity. At the top is a categorize activity ( on most activities).
That should take you to an activity list.
BabsB
First Steps
In my app, on the Dashboard, I tap on weekly exercise. The options are "track" which only shows walk, run, and hike or "log" which lets me search for an exercise. Pickleball does not come up.
Could this be because I have the free app, not the premium?

Sent from my iPhone
Nosemein
First Steps
No - we asking Fitbit to add pickleball to the list of activities.
Nosemein
First Steps
Double Thank you Fitbit! I'm so happy to hear it!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Hi BabsB,

I only have the free app. Have you updated it recently?
When I tap on weekly exercises a list of all my exetcises comes up. I then
tap on one of those exercises and then I can see detailed info about that
one exercise plus I can change the category from whatever it picked. I used
to put tennis in but now Pickleball comes up. That's how it works on mine.
The only thing I can think of is that you haven't upgraded the app. I'm on
an iPhone 5 and iOS 9.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Nosemein I now have Pickleball as an exercise on my app. Fitbit has added
it.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.