Add 'Pixel watch' in the same account with other devices

I just received my new Pixel watch and was disappointed to find out I could no longer use my Versa 3 watch as well. My Pixel watch has a battery life of 24 hours which is not sufficient to get me through a camping weekend. I thought I could switch between the 2. I would be willing to remove all apps from my Versa 3 to get that functionality.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label

146 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @olsonc76, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding 'Pixel watch' in the same account with other Fitbit devices. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

ArdenRuns
Jogger
I have a pixel watch and when pairing it unpaired my Charge 4. i want to be able to have both devices and use them at seperate times.
shijo89
Jogger

There is a similar feature request, but it is apparently from 2014: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Allow-multiple-devices-on-the-same-account-Sense...

am4r8
First Steps
Hi, I would like to be able to use my new Google Pixel Watch (estimated 24 hour battery life) and my existing Fitbit Charge 5 (estimated 4 days battery) at different times of the day. E.g at night wear my Charge 5 and during daytime wear my Pixel Watch. I would like all the stats to sync to one Fitbit Account, not separate for each.
ElegantPanda
First Steps

I am thinking of buying the pixel watch along with the new inspire 3 so that pixel watch can be my daily driver and inspire 3 would work for weekend trips, long hikes, camping trips etc.

If this feature is not supported, one of my watch or my tracker will essentially be useless 😞

ScottyGin
Jogger

Switching to the pixel watch is fast, but switching back to my sense takes a lot longer and you keep having sign a privacy agreement that sometimes doesn't load and go through pages on strap fitting. If you could just sync the watch and press one button to quickly swap device to a previously used device this would be OK.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @am4r8, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to add the 'Pixel watch' in the same account with other Fitbit devices. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Alexj12
First Steps

Adding my support for this feature. This page didn't list the Pixel Watch previously and I purchased that and the inspire based on that information.

My thinking was to use the Inspire 3 for on call during the night as the vibration wakes me up when needed then the Pixel Watch as the during the day watch, but seems that's not possible!

WillBerry88
First Steps

Adding my support for this. There was already a feature request for this back in 2013 (allow multiple devices to a single account) that has been marked as "under construction" but since completely ignored, with over 2000 votes on it.

Such a requested feature that has gone completely ignored. 

I too have a Pixel Watch but don't wish to wear it when I play football or for things like Tough Mudder. The ability to use my Charge 4 for this would be super helpful.

Come on FitBit, stop ignoring your customers.

ecnalmagnus
Stepping Up

This one is a no brainer, and the fact that Fitbit constantly punts on this one is incredibly disappointing. I can KIND OF understand two of the same tracker no being able to be used simultaneously. But two to tally different models, like a Pixel Watch and a Charge or Sense should be relatively easy to accomplish. Fitbit is just either dragging their feet on this one or they aren't ever going to do it and they just don't want to say so.

DJAxeT
Recovery Runner

Thanks ..After raising this i was for pointing to this article.  

What is more frustrating is that I can have muiltple fit bit devices - my Blaze (although rarely used) and flex were not removed.  Only the charge 4 which isn't a "smart" watch nor is it equivllent to the Pixel watch in terms of function.  So if it is possible why is it blocked for some devices ... need this resolved 

Ftln92
First Steps

Definitely need this option to have two devices. I seep with my Sense and wear my pixel watch during the day. Can't believe Fitbit are blocking this !!

bull3964
First Steps

Yeah, I want to be able to use my Charge 5 and Pixel Watch without having to constantly juggle between logging each one in and replacing the other.  I should be able to pick up either one and just use it.  I want to be able to use the Charge 5 while working out and sleeping, but the Pixel Watch everwhere else so I have a full 24/7 picture of metrics and so I don't have to worry about the Watch's battery life.

This would increase my motivation for keeping a fitbit premium subscription.  It makes good business sense to allow this, the feature is way past due.

huelsebu
Stepping Up

For me, this is the main reason I'm hesitating to buy a Pixel Watch. 

I already have a Charge 5, and am very happy with it as a fitness tracker. Probably 80% of the time, I would prefer to be wearing a Pixel Watch (or more advanced Fitbit/smart watch).  I like wearing my Charge for contact sports - where I want the fitness tracking, but want it in as unobtrusive of a package as possible, and where smartwatch features are not at all important (even a screen is questionable utility for contact sports). And I would be completely happy with a more basic tracker for sleep tracking too.

Ideally would wear Pixel watch most of the time, and would switch to Charge 5 or other fitbit for active activities (where smartwatch is overkill, or where I want the smallest possible package) and for sleep. This would also give tons of opportunity to keep Pixel Watch fully charged.

PLEASE Google/Fitbit! Your customers are asking if they can own TWO fitbits intead of one... help make this happen! Even if the second fitbit had to have some features disabled to make it work, that would still be a favorable trade-off.

MjnMixael
First Steps

Wow, I was unaware this was a thing. I connected my Pixel Watch to my account with a Charge 2. My Charge 2 has been on the fritz and decided to replace it with an Inspire 3 for wearing at night. I'm really, frustrated that I can't use both.

Startrooper74
First Steps

I agree. When i bought the pixel watch I thought i would be able to use the pixel watch during the day and my old sense for sleeping and travel. It would be very useful if you could add more than one device to your account like it seems was previously available.  I would even be willing to buy a non-smart Fitbit if available to use for sleep tracking so I don’t have to deal with worrying about charging the pixel watch when I’m awake. 

pinmj001
Jogger

I bought the Pixel not even considering multiple devices would not be supported.

Super disappointed, with the poor battery life of the Pixel and not being able to sync two devices, I'd argue the Pixel is not fit for purpose.

I've been pretty loyal to the Fitbit ecosystem for many years now and this blocker has really annoyed me...

--------------

Also some of the posts above say this is a feature request from years ago. This feature used to work fine for me with older Fitbits.

lizabeefree
Jogger

Agree, I had to drop my Charge 4 to add the watch.  Never before has that happened and I've been a Fitbit user since the Flex 2. 

Dudeguy12zxq
First Steps

Seriously don't understand why this isn't an option. I don't want to wear a $350 pixel watch to work where it's going to get damaged. I'd rather have a cheaper version for work, and a pixel the rest of the day. But no, that would be too convenient for the customer, and allow the company to make more money on device sales.

HomoHabitis
Jogger

I bought the pixel watch assuming I would be able to swap between that and my existing fitbit charge 5 (at night because of poor pixel watch battery life, and also during certain activities that could risk damaging the pixel watch).

Luckily I haven't opened the pixel watch yet, so I'll be returning it until it is possible to easily switch between them on the same account. 

RoyBlakemore
Jogger

I cannot believe a smart watch is so dumb. Just bought the Pixel 7 watch and have just found out I can only have a single device on a Fitbit account. With the work I do there is no way I will wear the Pixel watch, that will be kept for "best" not to mention it's limited battery life. So now what? Two accounts - that sucks. A single device on the account is not acceptable and i'm very disappointed.

Francsx4
Jogger

I have the same request\concern. I have been using Charge 5 for specific activities including sleep and outdoor sport in the beach. Just acquired the Pixel watch as my every day watch assuming I can have both devices in my same Fitbit account. Just found that Fitbit only allow one device per account which not make senses because that is why Fitbit has different models that customer can switch depending in the occasion. 

nojacko
First Steps

This really needs to be a feature. I want to charge my Pixel Watch at night like I do my phone and wear the charge 3 in bed. 

The fact that this feature request pre-dates Pixel Watch by 9 years doesn't inspire confidence it'll ever be implemented but with the Pixel Watch battery life being so so small it's more important than ever.

DJAxeT
Recovery Runner
A long thread / thoughts -

Fitbit via email have informed that the reason multiple devices can't be added is due to the use of "app gallery"

".... Please know that even clock faces, Spotify, and Weather is part of the App Gallery and these apps are included on Charge 4 devices. This is the reason why we cannot connect multiple devices with the App Gallery feature"

Not sure what the app gallery is like on the Fitbit  "smart" watch range - but on the Charge 4 it more a feature set as I don't recall there ever being anything added to it since day 1!   (But understand underlying code is shared / app based!)

I'm so far disappointed in Fitbit email responses as to me they seem to imply this is reasonable, to be expected, - I can see the issue is at least mentioned here Can I use more than one Fitbit device with the same account?

But this gives all benefits of using more than 1 device (So they used to know this was useful / expected) - and then just states that their latest range won't allow it!  It then describes how it can work.  This was my experience up to now with Fitbit's as I have switched around Fitbit devices since I first purchase a Blaze, then got a Flex 2 (as blaze was not waterproof) and then a Charge 4.  All work, when one was charging, or one had function/ use I needed.  This was all handled with precedent to the latest device if you had both on (so no double counting). 

So previously and before this self-created issue, Fitbit supported and even promoted multiple advantages of using different devices on one Fitbit account. It appears that since their "App" based approach having two of these devices on 1 account has been prevented and this is an oversite. 
(That has been raised previously - and at least one thread - was under consideration for a fix but that was some time ago)    

Imagine if Google force you to have only 1 Android device on Play Store  - associated with your account as they share apps! 

I assume all the "Fitbit" functions are apps, as otherwise I can't understand where the Google Pixel watch is using the Fitbit app gallery at all.  As far as I can tell most of the non Fitbit function on pixel watch are using the Wear OS and therefore the Play store.

I understand there is a technical clash with the Fitbit devices and the apps, but why has this happened in the first place and not consider an issue with the Pixel Watch is beyond me ... please Fitbit and Google - just confirm this is an oversite and you are working to get this resolved.  

For those that want to know, I spent a week recently where I needed / wanted to wear the Charge 4 during the day and Pixel for the evening - It does work to switch manually - but takes a few minutes (Quicker from Charge 4 to Pixel than the other way). What is great is Fitbit pay / all functions seem to work and apart from one time they sync total steps up.  (Just remember to force a sync from the active device before starting the switch)

Stating the reason for the issues doesn't prevent it from being an oversite and hopefully as this is software driven it can be resolved but even a manual application switch would be better!  Automating the steps I can do manually to switch between devices on the app!

Finally, it has at least brought my Blaze back to life as I can put that on when the Pixel is charging (But it is old and showing it)

Thanks for reading this far - hopefully useful and shares my thoughts on this issue 
huelsebu
Stepping Up

A great post @DJAxeT - in particular:
Imagine if Google force you to have only 1 Android device on Play Store  - associated with your account as they share apps! 

Crazy to think there's a whole thread of people who want to buy MULTIPLE Fitbits, and the company is saying "No, you can only have one."  There are just so many reasons this makes sense. I don't even care if you disable the "apps" on a secondary fitbit. For sleep, for intense exercise, for yardwork or manual labor, I have no interest or need in wearing a fancy "high end" pixel watch, just give me something very basic.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.