Add 'Pixel watch' in the same account with other devices

I just received my new Pixel watch and was disappointed to find out I could no longer use my Versa 3 watch as well. My Pixel watch has a battery life of 24 hours which is not sufficient to get me through a camping weekend. I thought I could switch between the 2. I would be willing to remove all apps from my Versa 3 to get that functionality.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label

146 Comments
xtrtx
First Steps

@jerseyswimmer 

do you turn off each device when you switch? I add pw2 yesterday and all worked well. but when i switch this morning about 10 minutes later my phone said i needed to factory reset the pw2 because something went wrong. hoping that was just some random fluke but made me wonder if everyone was turning devices off when switching. 

thebrickwall22
First Steps
That's never happened to me and I've been using two devices for a few
months now. Sounds like a fluke.
lazzarus
Jogger

Just purchased a Pixel Watch 2. Very disappointed I can't use it with the Fitbit app alongside my Sense 2 and combine the data from each.

As others have said, the ability to use two devices and easily switch between them has been requested for 10 years by Fitbit users. Nothing has been done.

A little surprising as this ability would increase sales of devices

As evidenced by the recent changes to the app, Fitbit (Google) are increasingly ignoring their users. Bad move.

PS-UNIT
First Steps

You can load multiple devices  it's not an official fix but a work-around. You'll have to go back a ways to see it posted. It's been post 10+ times.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @PopeyPixel, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to set up a Pixel Watch and a Fitbit device in the same account with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Katterh
First Steps
I have a charge 5 that I use for exercise/sleeping. I have a pixel watch 2 that I use for daily use/time/steps/etc.. I want to be able to have both devices on my account and allow myself to switch between the two devices. I like to have two different devices as the charge 5 is smaller and used for more 'dirty stuff' like gardening, sports, etc...
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Katterh, thanks for sharing this product feedback about being able to set up your Charge 5 and Pixel Watch 2 into the same account with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

KryoVax
First Steps

Very poor customer service, the fact that this is still an ongoing issue is evidence enough Google/Fitbit ain't doing Jack about it and I bet some of us have come all this way from the original Pebble and continue to be screwed.

Katterh
First Steps

It's so painful to keep switching between my pixel watch 2 and fitbit charge 5. Especially since the "add device" doesn't always work well the first time, second time, third time, fourth time, frustrated at this point, fifth time, ok finally it works after closing app and reopening a few times.

bull3964
First Steps

I would have actually updated my Charge 5 to a Charge 6 if this wasn't such a hassle.  I actually have two Pixel Watch 2 (one black and one silver) so it's an even bigger issue to juggle between all three devices to the point where I decided not to bother.  I bought a Garmin Instinct 2x and a Coros armband to track my fitness and have just relegated Fitbit to casual activity and sleep tracking on a single wearable device.

It's a shame because I would really want to go all in on Fitbit, especially with the coming enhancements to Health Connect since I have other WearOS devices as well.   They are investing all this effort into AI coaching for Fitbit, but it's kinda pointless if they are making data collection difficult by limiting the use of their own products.

PopeyPixel
First Steps
My Pixel watch has sat in a draw unused since I posted this. In today's
world of compatible tech, it's an absolute farce that Google can't or won't
sort this out.
greggy123
Recovery Runner

Read the threads, you can add them via a work around and I have no issues, a pain to do once perhaps, but it works.

I have about 6 recent devices and I notice no issues with tracking, but mainly use 1 for sleep so there is no possibility of slight differences in data.

Anyone with items just sitting in a draw can feel free to post to me, I will put to use 🙂

PopeyPixel
First Steps
Interesting - I did a lot of reading around the issue at the time and
didn't see any workarounds, just a lot of other people equally as
frustrated as me. I don't suppose you can point the rest of us to one of
these helpful threads?
greggy123
Recovery Runner

It is in this thread.

Basically, if you have say 3 fitbits of recent manufacture, get 3 phones or tablets etc, log into fitbit account, make sure you have no devices effected by this bug, then, set the 3 devices up on the 3 phones, and when ready, at final stage, add them all at the same time. as there is no conflicting device to remove, you will now have 3 fitbits on one account.

Julien_J
First Steps

For me, the workaround worked for a few days, but then the Pixel couldn't synchronize with the FitBit app and I had to do it all over again.

So no, it's not a viable solution. Google should be able to offer a native solution for pairing 2 devices on the app!

thebrickwall22
First Steps
I followed the workaround in this thread with a pixel watch and a charge 5
and I haven't had any issues at all.
greggy123
Recovery Runner

Yeah, your preaching to the choir, you can do the workaround or find a way to complain to google, perhaps encourage Musk to get into fitbit ?

PopeyPixel
First Steps
The whole point of the initial comment was to add to those who are feeding
back to Fitbit/Google in the (vain/misguided) hope they might listen to
their customers. As for Musk ... He'd surely rather have us all implanted
as opposed to having a wearable lol
dennisq823
Jogger

I tried the workaround using my partner's phone, unfortunately Google must have caught on as it stopped syncing one of the devices and returned a message that I could only have one device at a time. I could never make it work for me, so I ended up giving away my Charge 5 to my nephew. It's sad because my Pixel watch is a bit clunky to wear during a workout, it often gets in the way during certain movements lifting, and it has more than a few dings now even with a protective screen cover (which I have had to replace several times). I would implore Google to find a solution, but at this point I am convinced they truly don't care. 

greggy123
Recovery Runner

You have to have no devices on the account and, if using 2 that conflict, add them at exactly the same time using 2 phones.

Re prior post, misguided may be an understatement, if they wanted to fix it it would have been done, perhaps it is so people keep the new google product 🙂

Anyways, no one here seems to care, so perhaps complain through some other channel.

Jamesoles
First Steps

This whole situation is just silly.  I'm not techy and dont want to have to find workarounds to allow me to use two products interchangeably.  

In the end I adopted a different approach.  I have my charge 5 linked to Fitbit.  My Fitbit account is linked to Google fit.  I then didn't attach my pixel watch to fitbit but installed Google fit on the watch instead.

I also have a ticwatch pro 5 and a Garmin vivoactjve 5.  I installed fit on the ticwatch and connected the Garmin through health sync.

I can wear all my devices interchangeably and they all sync with Google fit.  No problems with steps, sleep etc.

I'm not a fitness buff so perhaps others will say this doesn't provide the coaching and other finer features of Fitbit but in reality I never use them anyway.  I just want to keep track of steps, heart rate, sleep, etc.  The basics.  More important, I want to be able to choose my watch/device to match my outfit or needs in the morning or throughout the day without faff.

I just don't get why, if Google Fit can do manage multiple devices across different platforms, fitbit (owned by Google) cant even manage multiple devices from a single - their own! - platform.

Either way, for the casual user who CBA with trying to "trick" Fitbit into worked, Google fit is probably the way forward until this is properly resolved.

Have a lovely day all!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.