Add Premium workouts for people over 60 (like Silver Sneakers classes)

Just joined Renew Active by UHC. LOST MY ACCESS TO SILVER SNEAKERS CLASSES. Would like videos appropriate for person over age 60. Yes, there are 500 videos at my disposal. But nothing is looking appropriate for someone over the age of 60, a mature audience.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JoGuar, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Premium workouts for people over 60 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Lulu99
Jogger

Without workouts geared for seniors, I for one know that I do less cardio workouts since UH moved me from Silver Sneakers to Renew Active and Fitbit premium.

I already use Fitbit, so would love guided excercises for those over 60.  I am sure there are many disappointed seniors, who may not know how to vote for this suggestion.   Maybe ask your new seniors from Renew Active, if they are satisfied with the workouts provided with Fitbit Premium.

Thank you 

Lu

KFStone
First Steps

Feel like I’m dead in the water since UHC dropped Silver Sneakers. All the Premium cardio classes are geared to younger people. I spent my younger years in gyms, doing step and circuit classes. I want to stay fit with stretching, balance, resistance band, weight training, and cardio workouts. If you sell Fit Bits to elders, you should offer choices of Premium activities, appropriate for over 60’s.

Ramacat
First Steps

There is no option on the Charge 5 to log a Silver Sneakers class in as an exercise. "Stretching" is the only choice. 

Is it possible that FitBit could include an exercise option titled "Silver Sneakers"? 

It is a nationally recognized program, often paid for by insurance companies.

LN553
First Steps

All of the premium workout classes are geared toward younger people.  There are a significant number of United Healthcare members who were negatively affected by this switch to the FitBit app (instead of SilverSneakers).  We need online workout content geared to our needs.  Please address.  I suspect that your attention based upon votes rule may not work for this particular demographic.  I wonder what UHC's expectation was when they converted.  I agree with the comment above....Many of us used to do a lot of these types of workouts but now need something a bit milder - appropriate for over 60's.  We want to stay fit with stretching, balance, yoga, dance, cardio, resistance band, and weight training workouts appropriate for over 60’s.

KFStone
First Steps
I posted something similar. I am so sick of doing the one class I am doing,
and not doing as often as my old Silver Sneakers classes. No music. It's
like highschool gym class. I have wasted so much time looking for options
within the many plans being offered and still haven't found classes
appropriate for elders who are fairly fit. Why can't United Health Care
contract with Silver Sneakers, as with Age Bold or Les Mills? My solution
is to switch to another insurance plan next year, if something fun,
appropriate for my age and reasonably easy to navigate doesn"t show up this
year. I am lucky to have this option.
wisep
Jogger

I am new to premium and I am disappointed that there are no workouts geared for seniors. You can sometimes find something but it is not easy to search for something appropriate. When I had Apple Fitness they had quite a few options for seniors. I had a free trial and that ran out so now I am using the AARP free premium option. I guess Fitbit doesn’t feel that older people need workouts geared to their limitations. I have been a Fitbit wearer for over 10 years now and am sad to see this. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.