Add Rock Climbing/Bouldering to Exercise app

Ionic doesn’t currently have a rock climbing activity as far as I can tell. I’d like to see activities for bouldering, top roping, and lead climbing.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

64 Comments
Dango3P0
First Steps

Just worked out you can log climbing after you've done it from the app. But not before or during ... So you don't get the heart rate data.

It just doesn't make sense

Dango3P0
First Steps

Just saw the new Fitbit advert.

It features Climbing in the what's strong with you campaign!

And climbing still isn't an option on the shortcuts!

AninT
Jogger

I boulder and top rope at least once a week and have only just noticed the option to add rock climbing on the app. I plan to use my stopwatch to time how much I am actually on the wall and then log this as a total time in the app after. A total faff tho! Please can we have bouldering and roped climbing as exercise shortcuts!

Marvin1983
First Steps

I agree too,

I would love to see an additional mode for Climbing/ Bouldering. I am using the "Sense" and these exercise modes I am really missing.

Cheers

Marvin 

agrido
First Steps

Yes to this! Climbing is so popular these days, and it's my primary form of exercise.

NadiyaY
First Steps

Please add this to the activities options!

Jason88
Jogger

ditto. Need Bouldering and/or rock climbing.

detonatorFIN
First Steps

I have been using my new Sense for couple days now and I was really disappointed to notice that the exercise list in Sense is not customisable. The climbing option is completely missing from there and seriously considering returning/selling the Sense since my main hobby is not supported. 

acelt91
First Steps

Has there been any update on this? I completely agree that sport climbing and bouldering need to be added to the exercise shortcuts on the device. Even Samsung health which came free with my phone has a setting for climbing as well as kayaking, snowboarding and a number of other outdoor activities, why not fitbit? 

Marvin1983
First Steps
Good day,

not until now. Climbing or bouldering is still not available as sports
program.
I think the need is not big enough till now. In an addition, I didn't get
any Reaktion from Fitbit.

Cheers

Marvin
MagickalRebel
First Steps

I just recently upgraded from the versa 2 which I had Excerclimb which was great for tracking stair climbs, outdoor climbs, bouldering and I think another thing but now with the Sense that app is no longer available..truly frustrating that rock climbing isn't available or kayaking. 

Please add this I would even pay for the app. 

-magickalrebel

MagickalRebel
First Steps

So on my Fitbit versa 2 you offered an app called excerclimb. It used the stair/floor count but it gave me an honest idea of what my climbs looked like on the face of the app. Mind you had it take a picture of my screen after every session to get my data and feet climbed but it was immensely helpful. Here I go and get the new Fitbit sense and as if it lacks it you don't offer this app. What's the deal? Bring back Excerclimb or some sort of climbing tracking app. Bouldering is building in popularity and I want to do outdoor climbs. 

Thanks,

Emily 

mricaurte
Jogger
Add to shortcuts section
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi there, @mricaurte. Thanks for sharing those ideas. We’re very happy to let you know that indoor climbing has been added to the new Fitbit Sense 2 and Fitbit Versa 4, and this exercise mode will be coming to more devices next year. We hope you enjoy this new feature.

In regards to rock climbing, because this idea was already requested on the Feature Suggestions Board, I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please support this idea by adding your vote and keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.