Add Sit Ups/Push Ups to Exercise!

When logging exercise, I wish there were more options under calisthenics like sit-ups, push-ups, etc. Those are some of the most common exercises! 🙂

Moderator edit: Labels 

64 Comments
eslindsey
First Steps

@SandyME, I'm not sure how that would work.  I'm not sure how they would track steps or if they would need to... Push ups & sit ups are body weight exercises.  You lift 50% to 70% of your body weight depending on whether you do regular or modified (knees) pushups. Sit ups are roughly the same, depending on how you do them.  I just want to be able to plug in reps and "weight" used.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
nathanmorgan87
First Steps

I would like to see some functionality added for logging non-time/step based activities. Whilst the list of activity types are vast, there seems to be functionality missing for activities such as sit-ups, push-ups etc, which are more set/rep based.

I know the above activities are not step-based, but it would really help provide an all inclusive fitness app going forward.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @nathanmorgan87, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

The fitbit allows you to track many things as well as inputting calorie counts for food. Why not add a block to track members individual workout i.e pushups, situps, burpees. The member can add their personal stats each day. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @julesssb and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

05ballardb
Recovery Runner
Workouts are currently fixed to specific routines but there currently is no way to log custom routines. Add the functionality to log activities like push ups and the number of reps to allow users to log the exercises they are performing. This makes it useful for those going to the gym and receiving training at the gym to complete activities.
05ballardb
Recovery Runner

By allowing users to create their own custom workouts it gives them flexibility especially if they can only perform one activity that day. For example if the person is completing the squat challenge or a push up challenge.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @05ballardb, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add Sit Ups/Push Ups to Exercise. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

charisma
Recovery Runner
Add sit ups as a pre existing exercise (exercises that are already on the app that show up under “log”) that you don’t have to create an activity for yourself.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @charisma, thanks for sharing this suggestion about the possibility of adding Sit ups to the list of exercise you can log. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote and it's useful for the team of developers to continue to track popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

silicoid
First Steps

I hope this will get implemented. It would be nice to have the option to count repetitions for a custom activity. This way it could be anything, from push ups, situps, jumping jacks ... you name it.

f136661
Jogger

I need Situps a trackable exercise, too.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.