Add South African bank Absa to Fitbit Pay

Please integrate with Absa bank in South Africa. 

Moderator edit: Title.

9 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. This could be very useful for users in South Africa. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

ChanelC
First Steps

Super disappointed that fitbit pay is not available on South Africa. 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please could you add more autorised banks to Fitbit pay in South Africa. We don`t all bank with FNB. Thanks

mattix
First Steps

I would love to see this feature too. Most South Africans bank with one of 3 banks. ABSA, FNB, and Standard Bank.
It makes sense to add these 3.

xapel
Stepping Up

I was able to add my ABSA credit card to my Ionic Wallet today. In the license agreement page, there were references to Samsung Pay, so I am not sure if I will be able to make any payments. But I was able to complete all the steps and the card is currently shown in my wallet. Has anyone tried this and made a payment with it yet?

xapel
Stepping Up

So, to answer my own question, it turns out it is possible to make a payment with your Fitbit when you have added an ABSA card. I just did.

Anne_tonia
Jogger

Thanks Xapel! Will try use my ABSA card now

CLAIREWp3
First Steps

I tried loading both my Absa cards and was not successful,  message stated card not supported. Is Absa going to be added to the South Africa bank list.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.