Add SpO2 Sensor to SDK

Since some of Fitbit's watches already have an SpO2 sensor, access to the sensor should be added to the SDK.  Even if Fitbit itself isn't ready to support SpO2, developers can at least begin working with the sensor and developing apps that can be published once Fitbit officially turns the sensor on.

10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @c1moore! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about adding the SpO2 Sensor to SDK.

Frisco_Rick
Stepping Up

The SpO2 sensor was not an insignificant decision point in my purchase of the Charge 3.  Having it unavailable to me, and no real hope in sight for it, is very disappointing! 

BelgianJoe
Recovery Runner

It's been over a year since the Ionic came out ; the oxygen sensor is still inoperable.

I would not hold any hope for developer access to this sensor.

It is obvious that this sensor is defective/not operable / not accurate  / not working as hoped, or they would have turned it on by now. 

BJChrist
First Steps

Yes, I agree.  Please put this into the SDK asap.  So many others have this ability that it is much needed here as well.

jakef
Jogger

Agreed, this is one of the reasons I purchased a fitbit in the first place - patiently waiting in anticipation for this to become available

ByondF1
Recovery Runner

Or allow it to be imported through Samsung Health or other apps that can sense O2

BJChrist
First Steps
Please add some way to see the number for the SpO2 even if with a disclaimer that it might not be 100% exact. We can validate how close it is with other devices and determine if it adds value or not.

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif] Virus-free. www.avast.com
Darien112
Jogger

I agree it should be added I would like to see my live blood oxygen levels on my clockface similar to how  hear rate is displayed

Blacksaturn1
First Steps

For the Fitbit SpO2 sensor, there must be a reason for a delay on making the sensor available via the SDK.  Please confirm if the devices were actually shipped with the sensor?  If so, then why is the sensor unreliable or malperformant since the product release?

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.