Add Speakers to Future Fitbit Device

Hello, Fitbit Developers! 

I suggest that a loudspeaker be added in future versions of Fitbit Versa (if any). Personally, I need it for audio notifications.

Thank you for considering my request.

I hope that Fitbit Developers as well as the Fitbit Community Council will support this idea. 

Best regards,

Kitezh47

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

22 Comments
EMILTMAN
First Steps

There needs to be an external speaker so you dont have to plug in headphones to it. Im not aloud to wear headphones to listen to music where i work bit of it is playing through the watch itself it would be fine.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Implemented

A Bluetooth speaker is the same as a headphone but sits on the desk.

I had no problem connecting a bluetooth speaker.

There is no way to plug a heaphone into the ionic 

If your asking for a speaker in the Ionic?

The Ionic has already been designed, it would need a major redesign for a built in speaker that most likely have a very low quality sound.

jewlr
Recovery Runner

Hi I was encouraged by one of the moderators to post my suggestions here for the Fitbit zip.

I am a visually impared Fitbit user and just had a few ideas to send your way.

These include that if Fitbit Connect could possibly make a sound when syncing the zip to a pc that would be really helpful. perhaps a different sound if syncing was not successful. Also a sound could perhaps play if and when the zip batter is running low when your viewing the dashboard. I have stumbled upon the battery metre but it takes a bit to find it in the profile section perhaps a tile in the dashboard could be available if it isn't already. I have noticed now that there sometimes will be a warning across the top of the dashboard when battery is running low which is a good feature yet this is hard to see... Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestions.  any new and exciting features will be eagerly awaited and can't wait to see what you guys come up with next 🙂 thank you again.

Moderator: moved to "Future Products" label.

Suzyplonk
First Steps

A warning on my Fitbit telling me the battery is low...not by email....surely this is doable? My phone tells me, my iPad tells me etc etc....why not my Fitbit...

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. This could be very useful for a lot of things like reminders, notifications, and music. Keen to hear what others think? 

There is also a similar idea asking for a Microphone Array Integration. Feel free to vote for this idea too! 

Truefreedom
Base Runner

You mean audio output to either Bluetooth receiver ( sound system or speaker) as well as a tiny speaker embedded into the tracker/watch.   A loudspeaker seems a bit much 

Kitezh47
Jogger

@Truefreedom
Yes, I meant a speaker powerful enough to make this kind of sound for audio notifications: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3scxptAX-CM

Kitezh47
Jogger

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

My thought is that until the versa is redesigned titmake room for a speaker 

Why not put a small $5 dollar Bluetooth speaker on the desk. My versa hooked right up to this speaker and I have it hanging on a drawer handle. 

Kitezh47
Jogger

@Rich_Laue

This request is specifically for future devices in the Fitbit Versa product line.

Truefreedom
Base Runner

Purpose of the speaker is to allow the wearer to say something like ' fitbit .... How many steps' or 'Fitbit .... Heart rate please' to the Fitbit watch/tracker. This allows the wearer to continue their activity without pause. To stay in their zone. So to speak.... Of course if they are connected to a Bluetooth external speaker/headphone the the music , if playing, would turn down in volume  so the wearer can hear the Fitbit response.  My 2008 car does this when the navigation system informs me of a upcoming change in direction. It lowers the music volume so I can hear what it needs to say. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Your the first to mention haveing voice recognition. even your last post didn't hint to it. 

What your requesting will require a microphone. 

Truefreedom
Base Runner

.my apologies.  :(.  I mixed this up with a previous suggestion I made for vr indicating it would require a speaker. Sorry about that 

derekmski101
Base Runner

+1

If Fitbit wants the smartwatches to compete with the likes of Wear OS and Apple Watch, this is a must.

Horseg17
First Steps

External Speaker and volume controls on the Versa and the Ionic watch itself. Bluetooth is a Battery Drainer when it's always on like on the Iphone

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Horseg17, thanks for taking the time to share with us the suggestion of adding an external speaker and volume controls. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

cassiajoy
First Steps

Pleaseeeee add a speaker so that Alexa can respond. I do a lot of hiking and I frequently have questions while my mind is roaming that I just want a quick answer to without having to stop and read an article on my watch. I LOVE my fitbit, but the lack of a speaker has me looking at other brands that I like way less because this feature is so important!

MikeGn
Runner

Adding a speaker and capability of carrying phone conversations will give Fitbit strong edge above competitors. Neither Polar/Garmin/Suunto has this feature.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I would not be using my watch for phone conversations since I would not want everyone around me listening in. 

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on [Fitbit Sense and Fitbit Versa 3]. You can find more details here: How do I take on-wrist phone calls with my Fitbit smartwatch?

@Kitezh47, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.