Add Spotify music control for the Charge 5

It would be great if music controls could be added to the Charge 5
I have this on my Versa 1 which is several years old now
General music controls are great as you can use them whilst in an exercise
If that's not technically possible, then the Spotify Controls App for the Charge 4 being made available for the Charge 5 would make sense

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

94 Comments
I_am_erin
First Steps

I bought the Charge 5 because I thought it could control Spotify. Please add this functionality.

JT1000
First Steps

Just purchased charge 5. Refunding it. Ridiculous that there's no music control. Even the inferior Garmin Vivosmart has music control. Fitbit is ignoring hundreds of users who are asking for music control. 

I_am_erin
First Steps

I only bought this yesterday but maybe I should give up and refund it for an Apple Watch? Fitbit don’t seem to be listening to their customers…

AlexCald
First Steps

I second A.P.

Also waiting since 21 and now I don't even want to look at my charge 5. What a waste of natural resources and time. I work with software development and understand how long it takes to prioritize and ship such a simple feature (that already existed in previous products. It can only mean that the feature is never getting implemented. This is dismal customer service, I'm never buying a fitbit product again AND will actively recommend against the brand at any given opportunity. I feel sorry for all the unheard voices from people here who paid a lot for a subpar product and lack of respect.

randomuser1
Jogger
Add the Spotify app on charge 5.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @randomuser1, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Spotify on Charge 5. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

KayteeT
Jogger

@Fitbit: I am curious to know at what point you are going to respond to this forum and tell us once and for all whether or not you plan to add this feature? If you don’t plan on adding it, just tell us so that we can stop asking and waiting for it…If our feedback is truly important to you, then please respond with more than: «thanks for taking the time …You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs» We’ve heard this message already, now we would like an actual answer.

If you have done this already, please direct us to the answer because I missed it if you did.

P.S. I know you all must work very hard and I appreciate that, so, thank you. I’d just like to finally hear the end of this particular story 🙂

cawill
Jogger

Thank you for saying this! I second that. At this point we’re just being completely disregarded and it’s incredibly frustrating. If you aren’t going to handle the issue just say it and we can all move on and buy different products. 

randomuser1
Jogger

@YojanaFitbit It looks like it has been a thread for a while when will it be released?

Eylis
First Steps

One year passed. No spotify control. It was said in the false advertisement  that it could. Are we getting our money back or something?

And : when / where are we getting an answer to all these complains? The want to know IF we will have the feature, and WHEN, and WHY could this happen. Thank you, and answer. 

Nshea
First Steps
Add the Spotify, agenda, and weather apps to charge 5
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Nshea, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of adding Spotify music control to the Charge 5. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

In addition, please consider voting for these other ideas posted in the forums that are related to your other suggestions: 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

Rman2fve
First Steps

Spotify control in charge 5 is still unavailable even after a year has passed; it's to keep the charge 4 on the market, that's why. 

Meekay
First Steps

I can't believe that a 140€ Charge 5 doesn't have Spotify controls and my partner's 50€ Xiaomi Smart Band 7 does... Can you please provide an update on this?

funny123111
First Steps

This is nonsense just add it i like google but rn they not doing their job pls fix.

swissjogger
First Steps

Just bought Charge 5 yesterday after having used Huawei Band 2 Pro and Xiaomi Band 4. Will return on Monday and ask for a refund. Absolutely unacceptable that you can’t even pause or skip universal music (e.g. Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube) on an iPhone. Every $30 tracker can do this.

Thanks Fitbit for letting me be a customer for 24 hours. Will buy a Huawei Band 3 Pro.

Johng248
First Steps

Please consider adding a software upgrade to allow Spotify controls to the Charge 5 like on the Charge 4.  This was a great feature that was surprisingly removed from the upgraded product.  For those who walk, hike and run and had Spotify access this was a wonderful function in the Charge 4.  Do you have any plans of adding a software update to accommodate this?  Thanks.

Eylis
First Steps
Good luck if you are waiting for an answer. We have been waiting for more than one year and still nothing. Imagine the scam..

Ottieni Outlook per Android<>
CarolineA.
First Steps
Bring back spotify music control on Charge 5
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I honestly do not see the point of music control when most wireless earbuds have enough controls; Just setup a playlist before your exercise and cycle through the songs; any more involvement than this while you are on the move is counter-intuitive. Please make this an optional/removable app. Thanks.

A.P.
Recovery Runner

When Spotify is playing, you will almost always have your fitness device on your wrist that's why the Spotify feature is essential.... Other control methods are less certain ie typically your phone may be in your pocket, your buds may or may not be in use, your hearing protection ear muffs may not be on, your smart speaker may not be near you, you may not be wearing your bone conducting headphones etc etc. This is why wrist control is essential. It's the one constant controller thats always at your finger tips for all speakers. I control my playlists and use song skip etc from my wrist everyday, know how I do it? I stopped using fitbit and I now use a Samsung fitness watch primarily because Fitbit removed this feature with Charge 5 and due to their unresponsive poor customer response to the issue which just wasn't acceptable. Spread the word.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CarolineA., thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Spotify to Charge 5. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums. 

Eylis
First Steps
Hei moderator! Would you like to answer to us too?

Ty
R.a.P
First Steps

I just purchased charge 5 today. Oh boy one of the worst purchased in a while. Spent 200 aud for a device that can't even do the basic control. Be the last Fitbit product I'll ever purchased. I hope that the company do something about this asap as this problem has persisted for a year, users asking for a basic feature. 

DopeyDipper
First Steps

Please add spotify to the fitbit charge 5. I just got mine and expected to be able to so this as was available on previous versions. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.