Add Spotify music control for the Charge 5

It would be great if music controls could be added to the Charge 5
I have this on my Versa 1 which is several years old now
General music controls are great as you can use them whilst in an exercise
If that's not technically possible, then the Spotify Controls App for the Charge 4 being made available for the Charge 5 would make sense

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

94 Comments
LuaMelo
First Steps

I just bought the Fit bit charge 5 and I am really disapointed that Spotify can not be controled by version 5. I expect this app can be available soon, since Spotify was available in previous versions. 

KayteeT
Jogger
I’ve had mine for at least a year and the request for that feature has been pending for even longer. Fitbit doesn’t respond to requests for the feature either. I wouldn’t hold your breath!
Baroncasey1955
First Steps

Please add Spotify control on Charge 5 ! 

GoodSensi
First Steps

Really? It's 2023 and this band doesn't have Spotify controll? Plz fix it...

FromAPlace
Jogger
Please add the Spotify app to charge 5
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FromAPlace, thanks for sharing your feedback about having the Spotify app on the Charge 5. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

A.P.
Recovery Runner

Lets be clear. Fitbit have removed spotify control. Charge 4 had it, Charge 5 does not,  so charge 5 is a downgrade in this regard. Spotify crucially didnt notify upgraders that the feature was removed which many may feel "mislead" upgraders causing anger and/or disapointment to those users. In response, fitbit suggest that you request spotify control as a NEW "feature". Seriously?? Ok several years have now passed and so Charge 5 will be obsolete soon so the only issue here is whether fitbit/(google?) is a Company you respect and want to do further business with? You decide. When you "upgrade" next time will you buy another fitbit? I didn't buy another fitbit when I upgraded and as a result I can now control Spotify again and I feel more valued as a customer too.

FromAPlace
Jogger

Anger. So irritated 

Jbakija
First Steps

It’s a must for a fitness tracker to have music control on it, basically Spoitfy. Exercise and music go together, thus, you should be able to control it from the tracker. We are talking about Charge 5, which is supposed to be one of the best trackers. Not having Spotify doesn’t make sense. Fitbit, please, enable Spotify on Charge 5. 

chablanc
Stepping Up
Does anyone live close to Fitbit decision makers? Meet this person and
hear the specific reason they have not made this improvement.
JacobBrockman
Recovery Runner

Look here: Spotify and other music controls have finally come to the charge 5! Cheers for fitbit for finally finding a solution and making progress on this! Check it out: https://inkcue.com/can-fitbit-charge-5-play-music/

NicMon13
First Steps
This is a workaround and it has always existed. This is literally not at
all what we are asking for.
JenT39
First Steps

I just got a Charge 5 and am extremely disappointed that I can not control music or podcasts from the device. And the fact that this thread has been up for 1.5 years, with nearly 400 votes, does not bode well in terms of the chance that Spotify controls might be added with an update. Although I otherwise like the device this may be a deal breaker. 

AliseaFallen
Stepping Up

The workaround seems not to work anymore 😩

isis_orion
Recovery Runner

Just bought the charge 5, yesterday had a old one back in 2016 and a pebble after that, but not had one for years. 

I wanted a slimmer watch/tracker than an all singing dancing one.

Seems pretty backwards seeings as the 4 had Spotify. This one doesn’t support simple music control, or the relax app. 
And as of yet, I can’t get a phone call or message alert even after trying all the suggestions. 
Even my ancient Pebble supported all these and a weather app.
Starting to think I should have got a polar or even an Apple Watch!!??

Tomashu007
First Steps

@JonFitbit , when can we expect the Spotify integration on Charge 5? It is a bit ridiculous that upgrade to a newer version of a device seems like a downgrade.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Pintas
First Steps
Recently i bought myself a Charge 5. I thought i upgraded from the Charge 4, but i clearly did not.
I got a fitness tracker that costs about ten times more than an older competitor Galaxy Fit 2, which has a much better software/features. Comparing it to the Charge 4, no Spotify or Agenda, or Weather. Can't change music on exercise! It's just silly!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Pintas, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.