Add Step Aerobics as Exercise Shortcut

Hello

I love my Fitbit and use it all the time for my group exercise classes.  One class I love is Step Aerobics, and there is currently no exercise shortcut..it would be great to be able to track this workout 

20 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Spalmer98, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about adding steps aerobics as exercise shortcut!

We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Lucie87
First Steps
I personally use a stationary bike and a aerobic step. Unfortunately there are not any ways to track my workout simply because a stationary bike and step are not included. It is hard to enter it as a custom workout, not knowing how many calories I burned.
It would also be nice to have calories as a voluntary entry.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lucie87. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about including Step Aerobic as an exercise shortcut with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. About the stationary bike, you can select the Spinning option from the Exercise App. Don't forget to click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

Lexy3
Base Runner

I wholeheartedly agree that we need a shortcut for Step Aerobic.  Currently, I use the shortcut "Workout" (four times per week) which is lacking and not representative of the actual exercise. This app would be greatly welcomed; the sooner the better.  Thanks in advance for your consideration!

Lexy3
Base Runner

@Lucie87  The shortcut for stationary bike is "spinning."

ellielizabeth
First Steps
There is no exercise shortcut for ‘aerobic step’. It’s a shame because it’s one of my main forms of a workout and struggle to know what to categorise it under!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ellielizabeth. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about having step aerobics as an exercise shortcut with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

wolfpackee1990
First Steps

Agreed. It would be great if there was a shortcut for Step. I'd also like to see the shortcut limit increase to 8, as I alternate my workouts.

PCB-6
First Steps

Thank for suggesting this….it’s been a while since this comment was added and still no Step Aerobics option. I just use the ‘workout’ option, but would prefer a step exercise shortcut 

MaddieThompson
First Steps

Hello, I totally agree.  We need a step aerobic shortcut for fitbit.  Thanks.

Ruthie976
Jogger

I agree! What is the best way to record aerobic workouts? Right now I am using the WORKOUT shortcut. 

MaddieThompson
First Steps

I agree step aerobic is needed!

sarbear123
First Steps

I would love a step aerobic shortcut! Step is my favourite cardio workout! 

Lexy3
Base Runner

LIzzyFitbit keeps acknowledging that the request (noticeably, she refers to the request as an idea) for an aerobics shortcut has been noted without sharing additional detail. However, she keeps requesting to show support with a "thumbs up."  How many thumbs up do they need!!!! Obviously, this is not a priority or up for consideration as this request has been made two years and counting.  I also agree with an earlier post that the shortcut limit should be increased to at least 8.  Waiting with bated for a real response!  

Jeepgirl18
First Steps

I really, really wish you guys would add the step aerobics...Its a great cardio workout that so many of us would love to see...It's been 3 years since that original suggestion, please add the ability to add this workout!

Xtremereub
First Steps

Hello , we definitely need step aerobics added! 

Scorpio7109
First Steps

Yes, please add step aerobics for an option, that's my favorite workout. 

luluzalibi
Jogger

Chiming in here to add my vote for a Step Aerobics (or just even straight-up Aerobics Class) option in the Exercises for the Fitbit! 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE 😁

ErinInABox
First Steps

Yes, please! Step aerobics is my main form of exercise and it would be really great to have it as an exercise shortcut! I’m surprised that a fitness tracking app doesn’t have “aerobics” or “dancing” as an exercise option.

JennyLuna
First Steps

I took would like to see step aerobics added. It does not seem to me that the aerobic selection accurately represents the level of activity. I do several different are bics routines and step always makes me sweat. 😅

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.