Add Sugar to daily totals

I am tracking my sugar intake (fructose) rather than calories and thought it would be good to be able to see sugar eaten in the "Daily Totals" tile of the food log. I understand you can add sugar to your own foods in the nutrional information but it doesn't show in the daily totals which would be handy as you have to go into each food and add it up manually. 

Moderator edit: Update title for clarity and added labels. 

101 Comments
aucozzo86
Jogger
+1 this seems like such an easy fix since the data is already collected.
rbetterbid
First Steps

Since too much sugar is not good for you I would like to track my sugar totals.  Please add it to daily totals.

BethC50
Stepping Up

I agree.  Sugar is the main thing I am tracking right now, so I don't bother to use the food log at this time since it isn't shown.  I track on a post-it each day.  Adding sugar on the main log page would be greatly appreciated.  (and kind of a no brainer!)  

rbetterbid
First Steps
Fitbit has to get more involved with what its users need and want. i find
their method of getting help to be slow and not specific many times. As a
result they don't solve the problem.
SpenceMoney
First Steps

Agreed that it's surprising this isn't already a feature. The data not only isn't available to view in the app, exporting your data only shows total carbs not total sugar. The sugar is the number I'm wanting to track.

rbetterbid
First Steps
I agree that SUGAR totals must be added to the Fitbit application. Let's
put pressure on Fitbit to add it.

--
Ray Betterbid

Failing to prepare.......is preparing to Fail!
jeffcb
First Steps

Please add Sugar to the totals.

Winifred
Stepping Up

I don't hold out much hope for them adding sugar to the daily totals. Why wouldn't you add sugar! Fats, protein etc have been added. 

Not impressed Fit Bit. They never give a reason why they can't add sugars, but make a nebulous comment of maybe in the future. 

mchui
First Steps

This seems obvious. Sugar data should be included in all of the diet displays. The US Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion thinks it's important:

https://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/

Not sure why this hasn't happened already...

Winifred
Stepping Up
I some how think Fitbit has vested interests not to include sugar in the daily totals! With obesity rates as they are it is criminal not to.
Winifred
Stepping Up
I some how think Fitbit has vested interests not to include sugar in the daily totals! With obesity rates as they are it is criminal not to.
kmoconnor81
First Steps

Please add sugar to the daily totals on the food journal.  It's a huge factor in weight loss, diabetes prevention and metabolic disease.  

CMarcera
Jogger

+1 to this - tracking Sugar as well as Carbs in the "Daily Total" section of the website Dashboard should be automatic.

rbetterbid
First Steps
This issue has been going on for quite some time now. Why doesn't Fitbit
do something about it?

--
Ray Betterbid

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Totally agree! I was given a Charge 2, my first ever fitness tracker, as a Mother's Day gift. I love it. BUT...I have to use the MyPlate Dashboard on LiveStrong.com to track my sugar. LiveStrong's program is easier to use and much smarter than any other I've seen, including MyFitnessPal.com.   It seems inefficient to have to use two different sites. And I don't want to have to upgrade in order to have access to this improvement, since it's totally free on LiveStrong.com. I'm not a computer programmer, but it seems that someone out there could simply add the sugar tracking to the existing "Track My Food" site.  

TLB625
Stepping Up

It's time to add the ability to track sugar.  People have been asking for this for years...time to help us out Fitbit!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. In terms of an update, there aren't currently any plans to release this feature. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

monsterTamer
Stepping Up
WHY NOT?!!? THAT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE AT ALL.
rbetterbid
First Steps
You guys are NOT being responsive to your customers

--
Ray Betterbid

TLB625
Stepping Up
Something that is this important for people, tracking sugar, needs to be
added, asap!
rbetterbid
First Steps
You're right but Fitbit doesn't think so because they've done nothing over
the last 7 months.

--
Ray Betterbid

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, I understand this is an important feature to you and that it's frustrating to not get a full explanation of why it's not on our current roadmap. This Feature Suggestions was discussed with the relevant team but it can be a challenge for us to share the specifics around every Feature Suggestion status. I will be posting some FAQs soon (which will live in the 'important links' section above), with a little more insight about how Feature Suggestions work and what we can share about them. I will be closing this discussion to new comments for now but community members are welcome to continue voting so that we can track community demand over time. Thank you.

Jgetfit
First Steps

I need to know how sugar intake each day to avoid slipping from borderline sugar to diabetes2

Travis.L
Jogger

Are there any plans on adding sugar intake to the dash board food tracker? The food tracker already tracks sodium intake however for diabetics and others trying to track their sugar intake this would be a beneficial addition to our daily food logs.   Thanks 

DMini
Jogger

Sugar is one of the key components people try to track for their diet.  It would be desirable to make the easily available, along with sodium, calories, and protein

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.