Add Sugar to daily totals

I am tracking my sugar intake (fructose) rather than calories and thought it would be good to be able to see sugar eaten in the "Daily Totals" tile of the food log. I understand you can add sugar to your own foods in the nutrional information but it doesn't show in the daily totals which would be handy as you have to go into each food and add it up manually. 

Moderator edit: Update title for clarity and added labels. 

101 Comments
RC2018
Jogger

It would be great if sugar was a part of the macronutrients listed on the Fitbit App when logging food.  So, that you can see what percentage of sugar intake you eat on a daily basis.  Right now, people are really paying attention to how much sugar they eat on a daily basis.

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RC2018thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us -this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here a s it is not currently planned. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fitbit, you've incorporated some very good features in your devises, but we all seem to want more. 🙂

We all know how bad sugar is for us, so why not incorporate that in the Daily Totals section of the log on the dashboard. I would also like to see this information in the app. Currently you can only see your Daily Totals online on the dashboard. Ideally I would love to see this information on the actual devise, like the Versa and the Ionic.

nkelly
First Steps

In your food log, the "Daily Totals" and "Logged Foods" summary doesn't include a column for sugar.  I know this is available on most big databases used for food tracking.  In multiple apps I've used sugars are broken out from Carbs.  Many people are trying to limit the sugar they eat and this datapoint is an important one.  For me, it is one of the top reasons I would take the time to log my food.  Can you please add this feature?  It would be nice to be able to have all of my health data logged in the same place (fitbit) instead of multiple places.  Thanks

rmogan
Jogger

Now that most food labels include both sugar and added sugar as part of the nutritional information, I think FitBit should reconsider adding sugar to features like the Food log. It's a very helpful metric for anyone to keep track of, no matter what your individual fitness/nutrition goals are. 

HeatherBurke
First Steps

Hello there. I am loving my Fitbit Charge 3, It's awesome!

My question for you is this: I'm tracking my food in my dashboard, and I notice that it doesn't track the sugars in food.  This is important to know when you're trying to improve on eating habits especially when sugar is hidden in so many things.  

I have been using an app called my fitness pal and it's food tracking is amazing because it's very detailed.   I would like to see the fitbit food tracker work in the exact same way.

Thank you so much.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Semnocosus
First Steps

I use a food tracker for keto, and it is customizable to what I need or want to be tracked, Sugars, cholesterol etc. I would like to use Fitbit app instead of running two apps. 

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @HeatherBurke! Thank you for sharing your idea with the Community. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here a s it is not currently planned. 

ShawnBC
Stepping Up

This is useful for comparing food and exercise with sugar levels. 

This knowledge helps person with control of glucose levels.

Suggested features

• Be clear that this is a diary and not a diagnostic tool.
  • Use the same meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks...) as when entering a meal
  • Allow the user to flag the entry as before or after a meal
  • US and Canada use different scales, please support both
    • I would shy away from comparisons and conversions as they are not needed. As a diabetic, I will not be switching between the two scales (ever)
  • Have a separate entry type for the quarterly A1C.
    • The A1C is not related to any particular meal, so should not be linked to a meal in the App
  • Provide a place to state what medications were taken, in plain text
    • Bonus: Allow users to select from a list of medications (Some like Insulin need a quantity)
  • Include date & time details on the entry, Make them editable as the entry might be made after an unknowable amount of time.
  • Line graphs should be over a 7, 30 and 90 day time frames, using one scale and ignoring readings logged in a different scale
  • Average values should be over a 7, 30 and 90 day time frames, using one scale and ignoring readings logged in a different scale

Samsung offers this but does not link that well with Fitbit.

amers619
Jogger

We have calories, protein, carbs, fat, sodium and fiber.  I think that sugar should be added too!  Would be very useful for many different people.  It is even part of the nutrition info we enter when adding an item manually, so it makes sense to include it in the top Daily Totals section 

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @amers619, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Dibsonplayer1
First Steps

Hi there!

I love the comprehensive food tracker in the Fitbit app.  It's really great for keeping track of things.  Personally, I try to monitor my sugar intake, and I think a lot more people these days are concerned with sugars.  It would be really nice if the food tracker at least kept a rough log of sugar intake based on the food logged. 

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Dibsonplayer1, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about having the option to keep track of your sugar intake, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

This helps maintain the Community and the Feature Suggestion board more organized. 

summerfield64
Jogger

Dear Fitbit.

Many of us are trying to reduce the amount of added sugars we consume. Can we please have sugar tracking? (Pretty please with sugar on top 🙂  )

Paul

Status changed to: New
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@summerfield64 Thank you for your suggestion about adding sugar tracking.

I moved it to this thread to keep this board organized and because it is the same idea.

Melinda0623
Jogger

Can you add sugar content to the food and daily macronutrient totals?

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Melinda0623. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to have the option to add sugar to the food and daily nutritional information. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Fitbit app. You can find more details here: .

@juliek1, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

Jce223
Runner
FOR all the diabetics out there struggling how about adding total sugar intake along with all the others to the food log display.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jce223, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see sugar to daily totals on the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can learn more about it here. I hope to see you around.

Dundies
First Steps
Sugar tracking on Daily Totals in Dashboard.

I want to be able to share this with my nutritionist instead of going into macro nutrients for each individual day on the app. It would be much easier to share my computer screen so they can see my daily totals on the dashboard specifically.

Thank you
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Dundies, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Sugar on daily totals. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released".  I hope to see you around.

ThumbedCat
Recovery Runner
2 important things to track in my opinion
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ThumbedCat, thanks requesting to have the option to track sugar. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released".

You can also vote and share your comments in this other suggestion: Add Iron to Daily totals.

I hope to see you around.

Atlgal1
First Steps
For people trying to keep sugar to a minimum in our diet it would be helpful to tract sugar along with carbs.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.