Add Sugar to daily totals

I am tracking my sugar intake (fructose) rather than calories and thought it would be good to be able to see sugar eaten in the "Daily Totals" tile of the food log. I understand you can add sugar to your own foods in the nutrional information but it doesn't show in the daily totals which would be handy as you have to go into each food and add it up manually. 

Moderator edit: Update title for clarity and added labels. 

101 Comments
GoingGoingGone
First Steps
would love it if sugar was included in the daily intake totals. Just as important as calories, carbs, and fiber
nickdella
First Steps

Hi

Is it possible to get Sugar added to the figures displayed in the Daily Totals section of the Food part of the Log page. This would make it easy for people to see if they're consuming too much sugar in their daily intake (some health professionals have suggested sugar intake is more associated with obesity than fat intake)

Thanks

Nick

THM
First Steps

Hello,

I'd like this option too.

itzfun
Base Runner

I agree that sugar should be included in daily totals.  The media is constantly emphasizing that folks should cut down on sugar intake.  In order to track this now I must pay for a premium membership or go to myfitnesspal or some other app.  Doing that makes for a lot of work that shouldn't be necessary.

Fishnlines29
First Steps

I agree, sugar should be added to the dashboard under the food log. Most people track it along with Carbs and Protein counts.  It would be helfpul to be able to keep all of my information in the FitBit app instead of multiple apps.

Thanks.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I also totally agree that the sugar count could be added to the food log.  Many people who are trying to get back in shape are diabetic or pre-diabetic.  We need this count to help us choose better foods to eat.  Most packaged foods that are on your log really do include sugar count on the packages.  So can you!  You're the best!

flyboy97
Jogger

I agree.  With the newest guidelines from the nutrition council, this should be added to all the food posts.  The Sugar gram are available on all nutrition labels, we should be able to have that added along with what is already available.

Winifred
Stepping Up

I love my fitbit but am gobsmacked that sugar is not part of the nutritional breakdown. To have this feature would add such value and is just as important as the other nutritional values. Most people consume more sugar than they should and diabetes is one of our next epidemics. Fitbit what is your answer as I can see this has been requested on an ongoing basis?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Totally agree, Winifred.  Adding this feature just might make Fitbit more competitive, too.  I hope they're reading our comments.

LScherber
Jogger

I would also like to see the sugar intake amounts listed on the food log.  I understand that sugar intake is very responsible for belly fat and it seems many people could use this information to help reduce sugar intake and belly fat.

Earth
Recovery Runner

I am with you. I want to see my sugar/total carbs count just as I can see calories

pipsee
Stepping Up

I totally agree.  Sugar intake amounts should be listed on the food log.  I'm surprised it's not!!

Sodium is there, why not sugar.  To me, it's a glaring omission. I can't figure out why noy?

SebRuns
First Steps

I agree! I think Sugar totals should be added. It's such a hot topic lately. 

Winifred
Stepping Up

Fit bit is despicable for not putting sugar into the daily totals. As sugar is a major cause of obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Here was I thinking that they are out to promote healthier living. They fail in this area. 

I never see them replying on this site as to why sugar is not in the daily totals!

Winifred

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

I think sugar is something important that you should keep track of. Hopefully this will be a feature soon. 

Winifred
Stepping Up
That is great to hear. 
Winifred
Rlopez
Jogger

I agree! tracking sugar is important, gotta keep the intake under control! Thanks! 

msled10
First Steps

Could not agree more! Please add this feature to an already fabulous product. Thanks.

mtvkv5
Stepping Up

I agree! Would love to see a sugar goal.

SukieSue
Stepping Up

Add Sugar to the nutritional breakdown of food; considering how deterimental sugar is to one's health, it is extremely important to track daily consumption.

fit4life69
First Steps

Awesome documentary on sugar is Fed Up on netflix. Fitbit please add sugar to the food stats!

Vlasakova
First Steps

I just wanted to agree with everyone here and hope that Fitbit sees the obvious necessity of adding sugar to its tracking capabilities. Hopefully their powers-that-be read these posts 🙂

lprazak
First Steps

The "Carbs" should be broken down into 1) Total Carbohydrates (g) and 2) Total Sugar (g); not all carbs are created equal!

Rbottens
First Steps
In agreement with everyone else about adding sugar to the dashboard. How hard can it be? Come on Fitbit...don't let us down!
DJB21
First Steps

Please add sugar to the tracking ability

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.