Add Water via Device/Fitbit on Wrist

Like with the exercise option, have a water item in the menu on your Fitbit. For example: the option 250ml, a tap to increase to 500ml, 1l etc. then press and hold the button to add. It would make it a lot quicker to add the amount one drinks.

Moderator edit: Labels

204 Comments
Emile35
Stepping Up

That and a simple weather widget would be nice!

Shantali
First Steps

Device: Charge 2

I like tracking water intake, but using my phone for that is cumbersome. 

Suggestion: add the Water Intake menu item to Charge 2, and display percentage of the water goal on that screen. Allow the user to customize one default size of water cup (8 oz, 12 oz, etc) and allow the user to press a button while on that menu item to log that intake.

RogueTRex
Jogger

Completely agree. Below was what I was thinking:

The one tangential feature of the Fit bit I use daily is tracking water consumption. That is a key to weight loss and health. I'd love for there to be the option to, on one of the screens we can scroll through on the bracelet, hold down the side button to log a water entry.

It could be either in a pre-selected custom quantity (ideally), or just 8 oz increments. It would be great if you could set the increments, as I use a 22 oz mug as my standard, and to quickly and accurately log that without going through the phone app would be a game changer

LuckMayHaveIt
Jogger

Would be good on the BLAZE as well!

SC94
Recovery Runner

Can someone add Blaze to this too? We need it for sure!

anjadorschner
First Steps

yes this would be amazing! In the meantime, there is a widget you can add for a very small fee on iPhone (Not sure about Android) and it looks like this:IMG_0064.PNG

Fitstar6
Runner

Please add an in built add water option in charge 2.

Thanks

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Have been using the Charge 2 for a couple of weeks now. So far, I'm happy.

What annoys me most is that I need to open the app on the phone to record water consumption. I'd like to have an option to just scroll through the Charge menu and, similar to starting an activity, simply log a glass of water by tapping or pushing the button.

(I posted this suggestion before in the product help section - thanks WavyDavey for pointing me to the right board)

KnitsStash
First Steps

Yessss, this is what I was just coming to suggest.    I just came over to FitBit from Pebble, and I had a fantastic "gallon challenge" tracker on my Pebble watch.  With all the resources and brainspace FitBit just acquired when purchasing Pebble, I'd really love to have this feature back.  It's the one think that keeps me considering switching back to the Pebble (until it completely doesn't work anymore). 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I was wondering if any one else is interested in having the water log feature on the actual watch itself.  I do not always have my phone on me for most of my work day but I do have my watch, and I always forget to log my water after I have drank it.

petr82
First Steps

It would be great if there was an easier way to log water intake through the tracker, otherwise it's quite a few steps through the app and doesn't really encourage logging water or drinking it in the first place.

The way it can work on the Flex 2 (of course could be turned off too):

- tap 3 times, blue dot appears to signal that water intake is being taken

- tap once for each 125ml or other predefined value, white light appears. 4 taps = 500ml and 4 lights

- wait a couple of seconds to accept the reading

If all water reading can be done through the tracker, it can then also give you warnings of insufficient water intake. Generally I think the Flex is a great device and is not being used to its full potential with essentially only one input option.

OggyC
Recovery Runner

Now i like this feature but sometimes people like me tap more than 3-5 times when it does not respond and it would be a problem if those taps meant i just drank water.

blastoise365
First Steps

When we drink water, we need to go to app and tap on glass to add water to daily goal. 

Can you make water glass icon on watch and if we long press button on that screen then on next sync our app needs to be updated with water added on watch? 

It will be much easier and more fun to add water intake.

(Long press already exists for disabling alarm for example)

Katyasutaginia
First Steps

I had an idea for a new product that also syncs with your phone and the app. Create a water bottle that tracks the water for you and logs it into your phone so there's no need to enter it manually. Similar idea to the Aria scale. 

digfoot
First Steps

When I enter my water intake, I always have to get my phone out, unlock it, open the app, find the water menu and press the button. How about a little function right on your fitbit that allows you to add a glass of water without having to use your phone... I think, that would be great and not much work for the developers to do - Just an idea -

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Add a water tracker feature directly to the charge 2. Like where you can tap to add a glass drink and where there can be reminders like the movement remiinders if you haven't drunk enough

Russkil
Stepping Up

i know my otherhalf would love this if it it had reminders on charge 2.

Tiff2675
First Steps

I would like to recommend that users can set there own quick add on the water module. Example a standard water bottle is 16.9 oz, and that isn't an option. As a user I would be able add it so I wouldn't have to type it in each time. 

suzhau
First Steps

I really enjoy the quick add feature of the water-tracking in the FitBit app.  I think to improve on it there should be an option to add your own custom quick-add options.  I have a bottle that is 1000ml that I use daily and I always have to manually type in and change the units, if I could add on to the quick-add section and name the bottle myself that would be great. 

HonorZM
First Steps

I'd like it if there were a water screen on my Blaze where I could just tap that I had some water, or maybe even foods I eat a lot, and to enter my weight (wouldn't be complicated, it's only going to be a little different than yesterday, right?)

I end up not logging much because I have to go back to my phone you do it. If I could just tap my watch a few times when I eat or drink something, it'd get logged. If I have to stop what I'm doing and get on my phone, not so much.

(I see no Blaze label... Nutrition maybe?)

frede.b
Jogger

Quick add and water reminder would be great. Like - you have not reached your water goal bzz bzz drink up! 

Got_kmillz
First Steps

It'd be cool to have a screen on the fitbit where you could add how much water you're drinking by just using the watch instead of have to go through and do it on the phone. I feel people would be more apt to use the feature when it's at their disposal on the watch and not just a tile on the app. I also think maybe a reminder to drink more would also help as well in addition to this!

MaddieCat1220
First Steps

During the day, I always have a problem forgetting to drink enough water. I thought it would be cool if there was an option to add a water tracking tile to your Charge 2. While you're in the fitbit app, you could add all of your water bottles (their ounces). When you're using your fitbit, you could click to the water tile and see how much water you drank that day. Then, when you drink more water, you could go to the water tile, tap through your water bottles, find the one you want, then hold down the button to log that you've drank the water. It would make it so much easier than having to constantly pull my phone out to log my water, because it's right there in my fitbit watch.

Mytracer
Jogger

I think there should be an option to track food and water through the blaze. 

I think it would be nice to have a water tracking app. Sometimes I don't have my phone on me to track my water. It's be nice to be able to do it on the ionic.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.