Add Water via Device/Fitbit on Wrist

Like with the exercise option, have a water item in the menu on your Fitbit. For example: the option 250ml, a tap to increase to 500ml, 1l etc. then press and hold the button to add. It would make it a lot quicker to add the amount one drinks.

Moderator edit: Labels

204 Comments
CAGustafson
Jogger
Great idea❣️
spdunk
First Steps

+1 - Please add the function to track water intake right from the Fitbit Charge3. You could tap to cycle through even units. Or swipe left or right to change increment.

KITCARSON
First Steps

Allow for water consumption on our Ionic watch

I find it easier to add water from my watch which is usually with me

Not so much the app

easier to log on watch during exercise

Moderator Edit: Formatting

kostax
Base Runner

@LizFitbit & everyone in this thread,

I'm having issues with all of the 3rd party "water log" apps (I'm using the Ionic). The issue occurs when i go to the app settings and it asks me to login to my Fitbit account so that the sync can occur. I enter my correct login credentials, and i get an error (see screenshot below).

Any suggestions on how to overcome this? I emailed support @ fitbit.com and they brushed it off and said to contact the app developers... but this seems more like an issue with Fitbit. Isn't it time to implement an official & stable solution instead of relying on 3rd party developers to implement what should be standard?

IMG_0650.PNG

MarianLadeza
First Steps

It’s almost 2019. When will this be available in Charge 2? 

Jesus92
First Steps

Hi. Fitbit said that this option has been installed for smartwatches, and it's perfect. But, what's happen with the smartbands like the new Charge 3?

We also need this App, I hope we can also enjoy it soon

gator326
First Steps

Really need this feature for the Charge 3. 

ClimbGuy
Base Runner

Another vote for the Charge 3.  Would really love to have water logging as an option right from the device.  Honestly I'm surprised it's not already there.

qhawk
First Steps

Over a year later and no update from the team... Let us know, please

warrantbrent
First Steps

Please create a function to add water from the fitbit Charge 3. When I swipe left it would be great to see "excercise", "H2O", and be able to tap on H2O, then swipe up for "8oz", "16oz", "24oz". Tapping on one of those would add that volume to your count for the day.

Thank you.

deweibel
First Steps

Yes please!

Jesus92
First Steps

We need this for Charge 3 please!!

Sam276
Jogger

The Versa now allows me to add water in ml!!!! Good that the functionality is in but seriously- should we really keep adding water consumed in mls? Can @Fitbit please just allow us to add in glasses or something?

Jesus92
First Steps

@Sam276 we need that function on smartwatches too! I have the Charge 3 and I really need add water directly on mi screen instead of using mi phone...

ceedotdee
Jogger

Yes, another vote for having this functionality on the Charge 3.  I have a 500ml water bottle in work and am drinking constantly through the day; it's fine to go to the app to update food because I only eat a handful of times each day, but it would be really handy to be able to update my water directly on my device.

Status changed to: Released
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that this has been released on OS 3.0 on Ionic and Versa. Please update your Fitbit devices to their latest firmware versions. @JiwanBeth, as you've submitted a high quality suggestion, you will now receive a higher voting weight worth 5 votes. Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the community. Please enjoy the new feature!

Selloutpunk
First Steps

But honestly, there was a third party app for ionic and versa. Most of these people want the option on the charge 3. How is this good news for everyone? 

Jesus92
First Steps

@SantiR We already know that exist an app for Ionic and Versa, but we need the same for Charge 3 please...all of latest comments are requesting the same.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Would love to be able to tap to add water consumption directly on my charge 3. Can view my consumption on the device by swiping up and scrolling the stats, but on the water stat o can’t press it to add water?

would be handy feature to save using my phone.

Kayla90
Jogger

Why is this only on iconic and versa what about all the other devices with touch screens

Fnord
First Steps

Please add this to the Charge 3!

Paulofbedford
Recovery Runner

Please add to inspire hr...

Cristen83cam
First Steps

Quick button tracking of water consumption on the tracker not just on the dashboard/app

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Cristen83cam, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can learn more about here: Add Water via Device/Fitbit on Wrist. Keep adding your suggestions!

Jesus92
First Steps

Hi @YojanaFitbit , we need a quick add water on Charge 3, not only in Versa & Ionic (in those smartwatches is already release)

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.