Add Windsurfing/Surfing/Stand Up Paddleboarding to exercise mode

Hi, I'd just like to make a request. I'm an active windsurfer, surfer and stand up paddle boarder and annoyingly the FitBit app doesn't recognise these as sports. So after a day's surfing/windsurfing/stand up paddle boarding I can't log what I've done on the app, which is incredibly annoying as it's hard to keep track of my calorie output this way. Can you please either add these sports to the app or add a function where you can manually add your calorie output?

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and added labels

84 Comments
GeckoGal99
First Steps
No SUP / stand up paddleboard option in the dropdown list, please add it.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @GeckoGal99. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding stand up paddleboarding to the Exercise shortcuts with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

konijntje
Recovery Runner
Your competitors have this feature already so fitbit is falling behind on this. Most of my exercise consists of windsurfing and rowing but these arent effectively tracked by Fitbit.
MarioDings
Sprinter

Yes, or at least make the name and type of the exersize changeable. I sometimes have the wrong exersize on because Fitbit app on the phone only supports run, walk hike. 

And as a developer I should make gps tracking free for all exersizes and make gps an option. Like running outside or on treadmill. Biking on home-trainer. Sailing, paddle boarding, kayaking, horseback riding,... sould I continue?

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @konijntje, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of including windsurfing, kitesurfung, paddleboarding and rowing to Fitbit devices. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

In addition, please consider voting for these other suggestions posted in the forums: 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

Pjorge1982
First Steps
It would be good to have water sports tracking on our Fitbit sense
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pjorge1982, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to track stand-up paddling as a water sport on Fitbit Sense. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding surfing and paddle boarding to the Exercise app. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the new Fitbit Sense 2 and Fitbit Versa 4, and these exercise modes will be coming to more devices next year.

@Surfista36, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes - you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

konijntje
Recovery Runner

This is great, but I don't want to buy a new Fitbit just to get the benefit of this so I hope it will "come to more devices" sooner, rather than later.

Also, does this apply to all three sports (surfing, windsurfing, and SUP)?

Can you also add rowing?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.