Add Windsurfing/Surfing/Stand Up Paddleboarding to exercise mode

Hi, I'd just like to make a request. I'm an active windsurfer, surfer and stand up paddle boarder and annoyingly the FitBit app doesn't recognise these as sports. So after a day's surfing/windsurfing/stand up paddle boarding I can't log what I've done on the app, which is incredibly annoying as it's hard to keep track of my calorie output this way. Can you please either add these sports to the app or add a function where you can manually add your calorie output?

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and added labels

84 Comments
TRC4
First Steps

Very disappointing to see that after 3 years of requesting FitBit hasn’t listened to its customers. I would also like to see a Stand Up Paddle Board app asap. 

snisexc
Jogger

Please make SUP app or activity asap. Thank you 🙂

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
TRC4
First Steps

Yawn. Disappointed. 

Puddle44
First Steps

Ridiculous it’s the fastest growing watersport and you can’t add it. I used to think Fitbit were on top of their game.....  I know plenty of other paddle boarders who are watching for a gadget to track their paddles. Perhaps you might sell more if you listened to what the market requires.....

highcontrast
Jogger

Hi everyone, 

I am a kitesurfer and will go to Egypt in May for a week of kitesurfing. As I am a big Fitbit fan and have had a Fitbit since the Fitbit 1 HR, I want to use it for everything. 

I currently have a Versa (with GPS tracker) which works perfectly fine for running.

The watch is also perfectly waterproof but except for swimming, it doesn't support any other water sports. 

My suggestion is to add an extra feature, so it can keep track of any watersports like kitesurfing, regular surfing, sailing etc... 

I am looking to track: 

- distance

- time

- top speed

If possible these specs would be cool: 

- longest run (you usually go back and forth)

- how far from coastline you went

- highest jumps

I hope there are some other people here with similar interests as I am sure the Fitbits can do all of the above things.

Have a nice day!

Moderator Edition: Personal Info

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion @highcontrast !  I hope it will get many votes. Robot Happy

MarcoBoersma
First Steps

Like that option, I'm a kitesurfer too. I now use my old Polar M400 to track my kitesessions.

MarcoBoersma
First Steps
highcontrast
Jogger

@MarcoBoersma: thanks for the training analysis of the Polar. This is indeed similar to what I am asking to be implemented to Fitbit watches.

GertZ1
First Steps

I am also a kitesurfen. I use charge 3 wit the mobile to track. But in the water gaat is no voor lotion. 

GertZ1
First Steps

But in the water is no option with my smartphone.

Windsurfer
Recovery Runner

I do 2-4 hours windsurfing each weekend, great all body workout, heart rate gets maxed out. Please can you add as a recognized activity.

Chipie05
First Steps

Would like to see surfing added along with many other water sports to the track able shortcuts. SUP, canoeing, etc. 

Graemee
First Steps

Hi

Can you add Windsurfing/Kite surfing to the activity list as I am currently having to use the bike activity for this activity.

Thanks

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Graemee, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about adding windsurfing to the activity list. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Birgit_Ha
First Steps
I took my Fitbit charge4 to surf, switching on track outdoor activity, which allowed GPS tracking. It worked really well. It would be great to have the option to track in the mode ‘surfing’.
alwa
First Steps

Great idea! I would need this function, too!!!

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

The description of the Outdoor Workout says it is designed for things like kayaking and skiing.  Those two choices are a small fraction of what the Outdoor Workout can track.  The answer is to let users rename an exercise using the Categorize Exercise feature of the app or the web dashboard.

Birgit_Ha
First Steps

@LZeeW that doesn't work as well as if I could choose surfing in a first place. An algorithm could distinguish riding a wave and paddling/sitting - due to different speed. Now I have just information on time for running laps or similar, but the information added and interpreted does not fit the activity. Even if I change the activity, the information doesn't adapt and the description even occasionally changes back.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Currently the Charge 4 does not have a mode called surfing, are you requesting for this mode?

Birgit_Ha
First Steps

yes, i’d like to have a tracking mode with GPS for surfing

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Birgit_Ha, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Surfing on the exercise mode on Charge 4. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

DirtyFacedKid
First Steps
You all should really consider adding Surfing as an activity. It's a no-brainer.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DirtyFacedKid, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see XXX. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.