Add a Blood Work Log to Dashboard on FitBit

Most of us get our blood work tested at least once a year (or should be) if not more. Is there a way to integrate tracking of blood work results - basics like LDL/HDL Cholesterol, Triglycerides,...  to use as a guage to overall improved health? What's the point of tracking steps walking from one beer to the next?

Thanks!!! I see a similar idea delcined in the past. Why declined?

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

11 Comments
C3mpy
First Steps
Morning. I have been sent here via a Twitter comment. I currently use another app to input my blood pressure readings but was wondering if it could benifit Fitbit if this was available in app. Would be good to graph with weight loss and keep it all under one roof. Thanks for listening.
rboyle
Jogger

Hi,

Something that I would love to see added is a way to track blood cholestrol levels like: HDL, LDL, and triglycerides values.   Heart Disease and high cholestrol run in my family and I would love to be able to track these numbers along with my calories and activity logs to see what causes my levels to go up or down.  It would give me the perfect overview of my complete state of health and where I need to improve.  I'd pay for the premium feature if it added this to it.

I was surprised that the Apple heatlh app let's you track "number of times fallen" but not these values.

Thanks!

Ryan

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

SeeChrisRun
Recovery Runner

I thought about the same thing for tracking blood sugars. It wouldn't be a big feature for a lot of people, but for diabetics it would be great!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

This features were removed. You can find information on this decision here.

dkozodoy
Keeping Pace

Declined because like Apple, FitBit is a backward looking company that will eventually lose (is losing) market share due to inability to adapt.  

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@dkozodoy and @SeeChrisRun, your only looking at one side, yours, there is also the Governments sode and Fitbits side. Lets look at the Whole picture.

For now it is declined because Fitbit does not want to get into the helth monitoring medical field.

Why you ask? HIPAA Regilations.

Before Fitbit could emter this field they will need to get certified, update most if not all their security and abide by the extra hrendreds of laws that every  hospital medical related company in the USA has to.. 

We can also add thst they will have to do it all over for every country that they open this  it up too.

As someone who deals with HIPAA every week, i never see or hear of anything that falls under HIPAA but i do go into hospitals for my job.

I can't fault Fitbit for staying away.

dkozodoy
Keeping Pace

Not sure what you are taking about here. Just thought it would be good to Ben able to keep track of blood cholesterol similar to typing in your weight. You get tested at the doctor periodically - type in the results and let the app help you track it over time. Not asking FitBit to take my blood or test it.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Yes it is very possible for you to type in the results from the doctor. These resukts will then be stored on Fitbits server, and that is a problem.

What you just typed in is personal medical information that is requlated by HIPAA not you, not uour doctor. It is forbidden for anyone but you and your doctor to see this info without your permission. That is just the iceing, Fitbit does not want to have the responsibility of safe gaurding this highly sensitive, extreamly confidential information. If I'm in a hospital and simply glance towards somebodies health record, tgere is a whole set of steos requlated by the government that must be done.

I only know this because every January i have to remew my HIPAA certification. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This idea is similar to the one posed at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Blood-pressure-and-glucose-Fitbit-tracker/idc-p/.... This thread should be closed in favor of that one.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

This thread is for blood work and the other thread is for blood pressure

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.