Add rowing machine to apps

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

16 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Laya70, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a Rowing Machine app for smartwatches with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

PNWBrazil
First Steps

Yes. PLEASE. ADD ASAP:

• Rowing
  • Rowing machine
  • Kayaking

These all need to be added. 

There have already been numerous requests supported by hundreds/thousands of users over the years for these exercises to be added.

These are common exercises. Rowing in particular is gaining steam and rivals cycling.  If swimming and golf (golf? really?) are available to be tracked, why not these activities? 

I love Fitbit enough to upgrade devices and be a premium member, but this is a thorn... 

GolfBravo79
Recovery Runner

People have been requesting rowing for years on Fitbit.  You've got more chance of the Taliban giving up Afghanistan than you have of getting tracking for rowing added.

After all, it's not like it's a popular exercise, recognised as being an excellent workout for all-round fitness in addition to being non-impact.  Definitely no reason at all to consider including it.

You know what does include it though?  My new Garmin! It's ace.

_FitBob_
Base Runner

Need to add rowing (erg) as an exercise.  Fitness tracking is more important than step counting.

Add this to the Charge 5, please!

SaraWright
Jogger

I voted for this, but see that somebody made this suggestion in 2015 and it got 2510 votes before it was closed and marked as "not currently planned."  Many users have asked how to track their rowing since then, but Fitbit apparently still does not seem inclined to add it.  My Charge 3 stopped working and I am trying to decide whether to replace it with another Fitbit or a Garmin.  It's a tough choice and the lack of rowing on the Fitbit may be the deciding factor.

_FitBob_
Base Runner

There is a hack-around for the Concept 2.  But that is manufacturer specific, and certainly won't work with open water rowing such as kayaking, etc.

Fitbit really needs to get their s**t together on this one. It's like they only cater to "walkers" and choose to alienate anyone that goes to the gym for exercise.  We need a Fitness or Exercise Tracker, not a glorified step counter which my phone can do.

I have read that Garmin does a great job with direct integration with the Concept 2 products as Garmin zupports the ANT+ standard.

Hope this helps.

fit-total
First Steps

Please add the rowing app.  

Phboo10
First Steps

I would love this. It's hard to judge if using the workout option is really giving me the most accurate information when I workout.

mytifine
First Steps

It's incredible that after all these years Fitbit has no rowing app. Using 'workout' or 'swimming' shortcut doesn't do. Get with the times Fitbit!

Farlandel
First Steps

Please add Rowing as an Exercise option on Fitbit.

My wife's Apple watch has the option and I was surprised to see that Fitbit doesn't 

slayman
Jogger

I just completed my first ERG session on the Concept 2 using a PM5 monitor/Polar chest HRM/ErgData and the Fitbit. Concept 2 heartrate showed much higher and more consistent than the FItbit. I expect the chest HRM to be more accurate but not that much. Kind of  disappointed. I'm guessing they don't give rowers a "dedicated" option because the Fitbit can't figure out how to record the rowing motion? Bummer.

1traveler
First Steps

I too am looking at changing to a Garmin due to their integration of rowing.  They did it-how hard can it be Fitbit???

MaryHM84
First Steps

I vote yes to Fitbit and SXM radio app

_FitBob_
Base Runner

Yes, add rowing/erg/kayak as exercise. Please!

Chooki
Jogger

The rowing machine is the most complete body workout so I don't understand why it isn't an option on my Charge 5 Fitbit.

I am not a jogger. Never have been. Never will be.

AngryCustard
Jogger

I have been looking for ages to try and work out why there is no rowing machine workout on the fitbit and now I know why, this and a basic weather app is sorely missing on my charge 5.

Seriously contemplating giving my charge 5 to my partner and getting a garmin fenix instead.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.