Add a hourly notification for the time of day (Hourly chime)

Besides the hourly reminder to move for the 250 steps, it would be nice to have a hourly reminder vibration just for the time of day. Something similar to the hourly chime that you can set on other watches. You could add the option to the "Reminders to Move" area so that it was only active during the hours that you have already set it to be. But then it would vibrate regardless of whether you hit the 250 steps or not.

Moderator Edition: Updated title for clarity and labels

18 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful @silvereagle, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

jawads
Recovery Runner

would be great if this is introduced into fitbit devices, it's a simple yet very helpful feature. I'm using Charge 2. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jawads, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Keep sharing your thought on the Community.

littlebadger
First Steps

I just bought a charge 3 and was looking for this hourly vibrate option.

Please enable it as it would be really useful.

Laz666
First Steps

An hourly chime or vibrate would be a very useful feature. Most old digital watches have this feature. I would like to see this added to the Ionic .

Mjw_au
First Steps

Agree. This is a feature I would like. I have an iphone App that does this between nominated hours and days (don’t want chimes at night when sleeping

LadyKatYoung
Base Runner

It would be really cool if when it turns on the hour my fitbit told me either by a different vibration or beep. Each hour on the hour but customisable to be able to choose it to be turned on and off for day and night etc. Sometimes even though I've done my 250 steps, I would get up and have a little walk around when my other watch went off each hour as a bit extra 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LadyKatYoung, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

harpo666
Runner

Hi everyone,

I also wanted to have an 'hourly chime' to help me keep track of time.

I have made my own clockface that you can use that vibrates on the hour, half hour or quarter hour. You can also customize the number of vibrations and background colors. Check it out below and please let me know your thoughts and comments.

https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/9636651d-b48f-4cc9-9447-a6c7e3bbd9bd

Regards,

Jake

Ishmael68
First Steps

A customizable vibration alarm would also help in telling the time without having to look at your device. If you set it up, for example to buzz according to a ship's bells schedule (and take a few minutes to learn the system), then you'd know that if your wrist buzzes three times in the afternoon, it's 2:30. You could do this by setting 8 alarms with different notification patterns, then have them repeat as appropriate. Iposted this in the hourly chime thread as this feature should not function liks an alarm in that it has to be deactivated.

Ishmael68
First Steps

I mean 1:30

harpo666
Runner

Hi Ishmael,

I like your analogy of a ship's bell, such that you can tell the time without looking at your watch! Cool way to describe it.

When I created my clockface, I thought of something similar. It reminded me of Jack Reacher (from the Lee Child novels), who has an uncanny ability to tell the time without looking at a watch.

I created an hourly chime clockface that has different vibration settings for quarterly, half hour and hourly so you can tell the time without looking at your watch. You can also set the start and end time so you only get alerts during your chosen hours. Check it out and let me know your thoughts.

hourlychime.PNG

Ishmael68
First Steps

That looks cool, but i have an Alta HR. That's why i was looking for something to vibrate every 30 min with the ship's bells pattern, as i dont want to have to look at the clock face (old eyes). For example, the Forenoon watch is 8 am to noon, so: 0830- 1 buzz, 0900- 2 buzzes, 0930- 3 buzzes in the pattern "buzzbuzz pause buzz" 1000- 4 "buzzbuzz pause buzzbuzz, 1030-  BB BB B, 1100- BB BB BB, 1130- BB BB BB B, and noon- BB BB BB BB. The cycle repeats every four hours. There are also 2 shorter, 2-hour "Dog" watches from 1600-1800 and 1800-2000, but a regular 4-hour "Evening" watch would work just as well.

Thanks for your response!

Smiles91
First Steps

I really want this. I've currently maxed out my alarms for this use. Unfortunate that doesn't give me enough hours. 5 am till 12 so 7. If i could have unlimited alarms I'd have more. however the fact i have to turn them off in comparison to a bleep would be better. I'm thinking I may have to set an hourly countdown.

harpo666
Runner

  

Hi Smiles91,

You can check out the below 2 clockfaces I have made. Hourly chime is the digital version and Ship’s clock is an analog version based off Ishmael’s feedback. These watch faces give hourly, half hourly or quarter hourly vibration alerts. You can set the time interval for when the chime goes off eg 5am to 12pm in your example.

Both these versions work on Ionic / Versa / Versa Lite. 

Hourly Chime

Ship’s Clock

https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/6ce21ffa-a84c-4481-9915-c378b0fa7dc2

80C59AB2-0E3C-4DAF-A698-79886FAC3D95.jpeg

B3980E33-4653-4D37-92DF-75681AFB9931.jpeg

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

MrCrg
First Steps
I'd love it if my Versa 2 vibrated on the hour. It could run in tandem with 'active hours' or the user could set it at will.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MrCrg, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see an hourly vibration option on Fitbit devices. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.