Add a "Find my phone" app in the Fitbit App Gallery

We all misplace our phones from time to time. Since there is Bluetooth connection, it should be simple to reverse the notification and ring your phone. So long as the phone is within Bluetooth range, this should be a feature on the new Versa/Ionic. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

583 Comments
towhitch
Jogger

I created an account to write on this forum specifically just to post here and request this feature. I lose my phone to the point where my girlfriend once thought it was funny and now thinks I must do it on purpose or I have some kind of part in my brain turned off that lets me remember where I put my phone last. Also it's mostly on silent so giving it its own volume control would be super cool. I switched from a Samsung S2 and so far besides that the fitbit blaze is the best option. 

scotttca
First Steps

I also created an account just to post this. Why isn't this a feature yet? I have one of those $20 tracker things which I use to page my missing phone (find-my-iphone isn't very helpful if i don't have a second iphone handy). Would be great if fitbit made this possible.

MissKCLynn
First Steps

Find my phone option would be amazing!!!! Especially for people like me who constantly leave their phones in strange places.

JoeyD93
First Steps

Just had an incident today that made me want this feature.... I'm surprised its not avaliable yet. Would be amazing add on

mrsdooley
First Steps

+1 for this feature or open the apis so we can build it ourselves.

BornToRun76
Keeping Pace

Symple and Useful!

Kellygirl1533
Jogger

I agree with Yaya Miller..... It's been about a month since I switched from a Gear 2 to the Fitbit Blaze.... Still going through withdrawal due to lack of both, ability to find my phone and the buzz on my wrist when leaving the bluetooth range... and then leaving my phone behind. 😞

merryfaith
Stepping Up

I'm switching from an android smartwatch to a fitbit (charge 2 in this case) and this is one of my favorite features. I hope fitbit devices can get it one day!

Elsvdw
Recovery Runner

Yes pls, I'm always looking for my phone, this would be a very good solution 

Philthrottle
First Steps

why can a $40 watch off amazon trigger my phone to ring in the event i lose it but not the fitbit Surge "superwatch" ? i think this would be a great feature along with the app having a checklist daily planner type feature that links to the silent alarm or allow apps like google calender activate the silent alarm 

ETKL89
First Steps

Hi I just want to give you some feedback that I think would be a great idea for the Fit Bit - I was lining up to buy some food at the shopping centre today and I had a moment where I was like; I actually love that I don't have to hold my phone and worry if I've missed a call or message because my fit bit would tell me. What would be amazing is if I could press a button on my fit bit and it could call my phone if I lost it? Even better if I really didn't know where it went I could log on to Fitbit on my PC and see where it last was? I hope it does come to light cause it would just make the fit bit that much more awesome!!!

Rush222
First Steps

All other fitness trackers have find phone feature. There should also be a find tracker feature. 

DavidCovic
First Steps

Hello, I'm using your Fitbit charger 2, it is amazing. I love it! Please add option find your phone and find your Fitbit. So when I forget my iphone and have a watch, that he give me notification(alarm) that I have left my phone, or opposite when I forget my Fitbit.

It is not so much complicated to make. Thank you!

dmikester1
First Steps

It's been over a year since this was requested.  Is it a feature that will be added?  Does it require a certain number of votes to be added?  What is the status here?

My wife's tracker has this feature and I would love it on my Blaze as well.

Thanks!

DD10
Jogger
Agree!
trevorhealy
First Steps

I would build this myself. I would build tons of stuff for my Blaze, but it's closed source. 

This has been on the forum for over a year. I thought the customer always come first.

ace.fit
First Steps

I have a fit bit blaze 2, I wanted to suggest a possible feature for the apps that I believe would make life easier on some people. You could have a feature where you can press and hold the button, like when your going into the timer or into the breathing exercises, and the device will set either the sound or vibration on your phone off so you can find it.

ace.fit
First Steps

Sorry, autocorrect changed the name of the device, I have a Charge 2**

Graceie927
First Steps

The one feature I have experienced needing a lot is finding my phone with my Fitbit Charge 2.

About 10 of us at work have futbits, and we all saw the amazing results of having a smart fit watch that helps find a phone. Three of us helped a colleague find her phone, yet to no avail we couldn't.  Then, she remembered her smart watch had the find my phone feature. She found it in no time! 

The time that would save for the many of us that do loose our phones, this would be such an amazing addition.

Ohjules
First Steps

I would love to see this option on my Charge 2. I lose my phone daily, between sporadic clients and children. I'm connected to it via Bluetooth so I should be able to select an option to make my phone beep or ring. It would be a lifesaver. 

Mscpgh
Stepping Up

Please add a feature that will ring my phone when I misplace it.  This seems simple to implement and it would really improve my life.  Thanks! 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Madcatlady42
Jogger

Until they get to that, consider getting an app like cerberus, which allows a friend to text a code to your phone setting off an alarm and giving you the GPS location. 

Or if you generally lose stuff, consider getting a Tile for everything. That way you can call your keys from your phone, or your phone from your wallet... 

Or do like I did and get both! 

OggyC
Recovery Runner

Hello, great idea but that could cause allot of privacy issues such as if someone steals your Fitbit Blaze (When you are not at home etc) and then they you go home and then that thief uses the Fitbit Blaze to find where you live.
But anyways i'll give an upvote i'm pretty sure Fitbit can fix that issue

Brangdon
Stepping Up

Would this only work when the devices were paired; that is, within 30 feet or so of each other?

Mscpgh
Stepping Up
I don't know what technology allows, but in my head yes. It would be for when my phone has fallen into the couch cushions or I just set it down in a strange place and am wandering around the house looking for it.

Sent from my iPhone
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.