Add a "Find my phone" app in the Fitbit App Gallery

We all misplace our phones from time to time. Since there is Bluetooth connection, it should be simple to reverse the notification and ring your phone. So long as the phone is within Bluetooth range, this should be a feature on the new Versa/Ionic. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

583 Comments
MrGlenn
Runner

Funny to see this 'app' feature being released on the latest firmware without really being announced.

It worked fine for me testing it a few times just remember not to have BT audio connected ot your phone or it won't ring on the device but on the BT device.

andiellen7
Recovery Runner

I'm not seeing it?

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on Fitbit Ionic, Versa series and Sense. You can find this information here: What's changed in the latest Fitbit OS update?

@Dosbueno, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The find my tracker function for the Ionic, Sense, and Versa line can ring the phone. Now we need to have the reverse. 

Untill then Findmyfitbit has been a lifesaver. 

Allietashjy
Jogger

Find my Fitbit. Whenever you accidentally don’t remember where you lost or left your Fitbit last. Find my Fitbit can help you locate it in an instant.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Allietashjy, thanks for explaining why you would like to have "Find my phone" option with Fitbit. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released".

I hope to see you around.

Ree95
First Steps
Button that will make your phone ring even if it's on silent, an alarm
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ree95, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to make your phone ring using your Fitbit device. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". 

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.