Add a "Find my phone" app in the Fitbit App Gallery

We all misplace our phones from time to time. Since there is Bluetooth connection, it should be simple to reverse the notification and ring your phone. So long as the phone is within Bluetooth range, this should be a feature on the new Versa/Ionic. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

583 Comments
kghomes
Jogger

Locating a cell phone via the Ionic watch should be an easy thing to add as a feature. My husband's watch is already 2 years old (Garmin vivoactive) that is almost 1/3 of the price has this feature. Please add this - you would save people so much time looking for their phones. 

Ralendil
Strider

I had this on my pebble

I really would like that on my ionic

Actually i gave my pebble to my wife that is really happy of this feature... And that laugh at me when i search my phone...

This is really usefull. And not really difficult to implement.

Off course, fitbit needs to fix the problem of Bluetooth connection between phone and the watch (the fitbit ionic disconnect after a long time inactivity of the fitbit app).

I like the ionic (i didn't say "love" and that's wanted). However there are lot of things that were working better on pebble and several things i can't do with my ionic.

This feature is one I miss the most... In fact, it was the only app i was using on my pebble... 

mariellenboyd
First Steps

Please add a Find My Phone feature to this tracker. 

SeattleCyclist
Stepping Up

I would use a Find My Phone constantly.  Please consider adding to the Ionic. 

The Ionic needs canned responses in IOS and Android. It also needs the ability to ping your phone when it’s misplaced. Also the ability to thumbs up or down on Pandora would make alot of sense. If apple and even Pebble can do it, I’m sure the Ionic could. This watch has a lot of potential but came out with a head scratching amount of holes on the smart watch side of things. Hoping there is a new update to add these. 

Jbrolin
First Steps

That would be great feature for the charge 2 as well! 

samucabarbu
Jogger

Really, this feature have been requested since 2015.... i dont have any expectations with the Fitbit team, irecentlly changed from an apple watch, and i can assure that the ionic is still a work in progress, far away from the reality of the actual wearable market, the marketing was good, therefore i bought the product. What is so difficult for you < release this feature tomorrow!

samucabarbu
Jogger

And it is incredible how hard is for this tech company to launch this so basic feature.

I am really dissapointed with FitBit, last wearable from them

JEH876
Jogger

Add Find your Phone App for Ionic.

JEH876
Jogger

I agree the Find Your Phone app on Garmin and Apple are great features. 

MissPatty584
First Steps

Find my phone would be great! I personally would use this feature often (3 children, busy, busy...).

aedilanigiro
First Steps

Plus one here. I just tried out the samsung gear sport and love this feature. If fitbit wants to remain competitive they have to do these table stakes.

LPKA
Recovery Runner

Please Fitbit do that. Garmin, Samsung, ASUS and all other smartwatches do that. Go with the flow please.

!Ionic!

LPKA
Recovery Runner

Yes, please!

samucabarbu
Jogger
They will not
Ionic is a forever will
LPKA
Recovery Runner

OK, I got it. The Ionic already has it 🙂

You just have to enable, BT pair in BT setting on Ionic and than you press the up right button for two seconds, go into music app and click Play. Your phone starts playing and you can find it. 🙂

Jpalagonia
First Steps

I would love a find my phone app on the Blaze which would ring your phone. Comes in so much handy to have this on a watch. 

RDale1966
First Steps

Finding your phone would be a great feature with my Charge 2.

Babyjtpl
First Steps

Yes pls add find my phone feature , its rather impt as humans always misplace stuff

OmarDR
Jogger

Why is this still marked as "new"? It should have been already implemented ! Or at least replied to. (Blaze owner for 10 months now)

OggyC
Recovery Runner
Hello!, this is still marked as new because moderator has either not read
your message or set it to another status
Mscpgh
Stepping Up

Seriously, guys.  People obviously want this feature. I don't understand why you have this forum if you're going to ignore the reccomendations.  I generally like my Fitbit, but it won't last forever and I won't buy another one unless this feature is implemented. 

samucabarbu
Jogger
Guys, i had my fitbit ionic for less than 1 month. It is not all about find
my phone, but it is a bad smartwatch feeling. I know that heart rate is
very accuarate, and this is important, but it is unacceptable at these
days, not to have basic features like these. Therefore i sold my ionic in
Brazil, actually, i got 3x more than i paid...since it is very valuable
here in my country, and i´ve changes to a samsung gear sport...which is not
perfect also. The truth about smartwatches is simple: APPLE WATCH is still
the winner, without any other one even close. It is nice, easy, have all
features, lot of apps, very accuarate.....i hope apple to accept using the
watch with android....
FabianRetana
First Steps

Would be great if you add this feature to fitbit smart watches

Okers
First Steps

Just got the blaze for Xmas and have gone back to my old Garmin as it does not have find my phone ..which I use all the time .😟

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.