Add a "Refer A Friend" program to reward customers

To whom it may concern-

I have literally Sold 10 Fitbit Ones and 1 Fitbit Flex to friends and family members in the past two weeks due to my excitement and love for the device, BUT it's really unfortunate that I do not get the $10 Refer a Friend Kick Back because they have to purchase the device through a custom link online. No one wants to purchase from a website, because once I show the dashboard and all that it can track, they have to run to the store and buy it That Day. I've reached out to Custom Support, gave the names of the individuals who recently joined (hoping they could just look them up), offered to scan and fax receipts showing proof of purchase, and the Fitbit Team still will Not accept the Referrals.

I'm in the sales industry myself, so I'm a big believer in rewarding a passionate customer. 

I understand how important word of mouth is to a sales team. That's the whole reason for the "Refer A Friend" Program anyway, right?

My suggestion is to simply add "Referred By" upon device setup? 

Thank you and I hope you consider my suggestion-

Manda_K

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

16 Comments
tanyalee
First Steps

THUMBS UP!

libbyadams2010
First Steps

Good Job...

ctarpley
First Steps

Much needed! -Great job Amanda! 🙂 

RosemaryR
First Steps

Amanda is so passionate about this product & has gotten myself along with numerous family members & friends to rush out & buy a FitBit One.  I would have never walked every day before, absolutely love it.  FitBit needs to change the way of giving credit for spreading the word as she has done.

george1868
First Steps

I agree with this post!

dcampbell08
First Steps

After I saw Amanda's post on Facebook and seen the results that she had achieved, I rushed to Best Buy and bought the Fitbitone. If I had not seen the results that she had achieved I probably would not have bought it. She has so much excitement for this product, if I didn't know any better I would think she works for your company. 

Papa_B
First Steps
Agree. I feel like a fit bit*h
Mel_S
Runner

Great Idea! I was refered by a friend and have passed it on to several more. Would love to see benefits to loyal customers sharing the love!

jwrs
Stepping Up

Agree and support Amanda's idea. Am new fitbit user and love it.  Didn't know about the refer a friend and thougth there should be a coupon or opportunity to buy a second fitbit for other member of same household to use the other wrist band without having another set of wristbands/dongle/chargers but was told you can't. .

felicialee27
First Steps

I bought some software a few months ago and when I purchased it they gave me my own personal referral code to give out to people from the website listed below. I think it would be awesome if Fitbit had a program like that. 

http://www.referralcandy.com/

MatthewFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Manda_K Thanks for the feedback on your experience. Sounds like you have been a Fitbit advocate for a while, and we definitely want you to get credit for that!

To summarize the suggestion:

Allow for new users to credit their Referrer without having to use the Refer-A-Friend link, making the option available for in-store purchases.

This could be implemented through a personalized referal code, entered either during or after setup. It could even automatically send a Friend Request to your Referrer, getting your Leaderboard started.

Please post in this thread if you have further thoughts on this, and I'll be sure to relay it to our site team for consideration.

Manda_K
Keeping Pace

Yes! That's the Suggestion. I love that you took it a step further to automatically send a friend request for Leaderboard Startup!

Please let me know once it's implemented, so that I can get my code to all of my referrals 🙂

Thanks again for Listening, I really appreciate it!

Manda_K

soccerrocks
Recovery Runner

I agree and support Amanda's idea completely. I have done the same having one friend go out and buy. Am going to try the refer a friend link but I don't know if she'll buy one that way.

Credit for sales from our positive feedback to friends is awesome but would love to see the buy in store option.

Thanks,...Shelly

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

We appreciate the feedback. Thanks for posting! 

Manda_K
Keeping Pace

Matthew & Amrita,

21 Votes, 14 Positive Comments, and 5 months later...Still no change???

How long does it take for the Fitbit site team to revise the Refer A Friend policy? 

~Manda_K

VasanthRS
Stepping Up

I am new users, as soon as any one buys it and finds it useful, wish to refer it their friends. This would bring in more customers, Simple and nice feature to have. Like any other app (square cash), easy way to bring in more buyers.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.